Windows 10: Recover music library in media player

Discus and support Recover music library in media player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows 10 and lost all my music in my media player library how can I get them back please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DELBOY7733, May 17, 2019.

1. Recover music library in media player

I reinstalled windows 10 and lost all my music in my media player library how can I get them back please.

:)

DELBOY7733, May 17, 2019

2. How do I restore my playlists in the Windows Media Player library

Hi,

In order for the playlist to reappear in your Window Media Player, we suggest that you add it again to your library. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Open your Window Media Player.
    • Click the Organize button, then Manage libraries.
    • On the drop-down menu, select the appropriate media (ex. Music).
    • Select the folder you want to add to your library.
    • Click Add, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 17, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Windows Media Player.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check the ‘Windows Media Player’ settings from the steps below.

1. Open the ‘Windows Media Player’, in the player ‘Library’, click on ‘Organize’.
    2. Select ‘Options’, this will open the ‘Options’ window for the ‘Windows Media Player’.
    3. Click on the ‘Library’ tab, please confirm if the ‘Retrieve additional information from the Internet’ is checked, check the options ‘Rename music files using rip music settings’ and ‘Rearrange music in rip
      music folder, using rip music settings’ under ‘Automatic media information updates for files’. Click on ‘Apply’.
    4. Click on the ‘Player’ tab and check the option ‘Connect to the Internet’. Click on apply.
    5. Restart the ‘Windows Media Player’ and check if it works out for you.
    Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 17, 2019
  4. bradleyb Win User

Recover music library in media player

Windows Media Player no longer has music library

Yes. I uninstalled and reinstalled just like your screenshot.
    When I went into file explorer, if I right click the track and select play in Windows Media Player, it will play. However, the library in Media Player is gone. i can't click album, artist or anything.

Recover music library in media player [​IMG]

bradleyb, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Recover music library in media player

1. Recover music library in media player - Similar Threads - Recover music library

2. Media Player caused dup copies of music library.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player caused dup copies of music library.: Used Media Player Ver 11.2212.31.0 on Win10 PC to rip and tag music. It produced dup copies of music library. I had made changes in Med Player file locations options. Why did this happen? Can I delete the extra libraries? Where did MusicBrainz CD file come from and where is...
  3. Media Player caused dup copies of music library.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player caused dup copies of music library.: Used Media Player Ver 11.2212.31.0 on Win10 PC to rip and tag music. It produced dup copies of music library. I had made changes in Med Player file locations options. Why did this happen? Can I delete the extra libraries? Where did MusicBrainz CD file come from and where is...
  4. Media Player caused dup copies of music library.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Record music to media players library to save for later.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Record music to media players library to save for later.: I burn CDs a lot, but I don, t know how just to install in media players library to have there to record later can you help me Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-music-to-media-players-library-to-save-for/7f6a7c57-d164-451f-a4f3-eed5b10ccee5
  6. Record music to media players library to save for later.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record music to media players library to save for later.: I burn CDs a lot, but I don, t know how just to install in media players library to have there to record later can you help me Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-music-to-media-players-library-to-save-for/7f6a7c57-d164-451f-a4f3-eed5b10ccee5
  7. Record music to media players library to save for later.

8. Media Player Library

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player Library: My Media Play is finding incorrect information when I Rip CD's, how do I use/change to a more reliable source for this information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-library/2a6e12e5-a529-40dc-9a28-e516a076ebcd
  9. Windows Media Player no longer has music library

Windows Media Player no longer has music library: Windows 10 Windows Media Player 12 Hello. Just turned on my computer and Windows has one album showing with 4572 songs at 0 minutes The music in file explorer plays thru groove but no longer thru media player. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail Updating media...
  10. Windows Media Player no longer has my music library

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player no longer has my music library: Windows 10 Windows Media Player 12 Hello. Just turned on my computer and Windows Media Player has one album showing with 4572 songs at 0 minutes My library in WMP is gone The music in file explorer plays thru groove music. I have to right click on the track and select for it...