Windows 10: recover password used to login into a mapped drive

Discus and support recover password used to login into a mapped drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to recover a pwd to a mapped network drive? Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D-K-S, Mar 5, 2023.

1. D-K-S Win User

recover password used to login into a mapped drive

Is it possible to recover a pwd to a mapped network drive? Windows 10.

:)

D-K-S, Mar 5, 2023

2. How can I get this mapped drive to reauthenticat at login

I'm trying to get this mapped drive on an xp machine to reauthenticate when the computer reboots or is logged back in. The account the user uses is on a domain that is currently unavailable (server failure). The physical drive being mapped is on the other server which has the other domain here.

Now i can login as another user i create on the domain, check reconnect at login no problem. But the next day files won't open unless she clicks the drive and enters the user password there. its not a big intervention, but id like it to be seemless.

Suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 5, 2023
  3. Macazine Win User
    Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Mar 5, 2023
  4. mb300e Win User

Windows 10 Login Password Use when Network Mapping

I have a Windows 10 Pro installed on a Vaio Z Canvas laptop and as the only user I do not use a password to login each time I turn it on. I have a Wireless and Ethernet network installed so that I can share files, printers etc. and do not use public folders on any of the devices.

From the Vaio Z I can access any and all devices attached to the network without any issues, however I cannot access files and folders on the Vaio Z from any other device. When I try to, the Vaio Z requires an ID which I have, and a password which I do not have or use. I can map to and access any device from any other device except mapping to the Vaio Z. *Sad

I assume that if I create a password for my user ID on the Vaio Z I should be able to access it from my other networked devices once it is mapped. If this is the case is it safe for me to assume that I can turn off (disable) the password so that it is not required when starting up the Vaio Z. None of my devices require passwords on startup.

Any advice or suggestions will be most welcome.

Peter B.

mb300e, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

1. recover password used to login into a mapped drive - Similar Threads - recover password used

2. recover password used to login into a mapped drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover password used to login into a mapped drive: Is it possible to recover a pwd to a mapped network drive? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-password-used-to-login-into-a-mapped-drive/dc16cafc-7761-4ee9-9e73-fa36ec1a8c0c
  3. recover password used to login into a mapped drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover password used to login into a mapped drive: Is it possible to recover a pwd to a mapped network drive? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-password-used-to-login-into-a-mapped-drive/dc16cafc-7761-4ee9-9e73-fa36ec1a8c0c
  4. How to retrieve network mapped drive Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to retrieve network mapped drive Password: Long ago I have mapped a network share folder from my NAS storage as Z drive in my pc. It is still connected and accessible, but I forgot the password. I also cannot remember the credential to access NAS via its web-interface or directly. Is there a way I can retrieve the...
  5. Map network drive using cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map network drive using cmd: Hi! The command for folder mapping in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\Share and it worked The command for mapping drive D in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\D$ and it does not work Do you know why ? 172943
  6. Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035

Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035: So I have a SMB file server with a folder that I would like to map as network drive. I clicked on "This PC", then "Map network drive" I checked the box "Connect using different credentials" Clicked on "browse" Clicked on the correct server that appears Then I get the...
  7. Password Error when mapping a Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Error when mapping a Drive: I have 2 computers running windows 10, I was attempting to map a network drive and kept getting errors. To debug I decided to go the the computer that had the drive and to map it to itself. With no user name/password this worked correctly C:\Users\pjn4>net use y:...
  8. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  9. reset login password using usb drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    reset login password using usb drive not working: anyone else? just havta manually login untill I finda fix submitted by /u/rikiretardoREDDIT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkxjx2/reset_login_password_using_usb_drive_not_working/
  10. Windows 10 Login Password Use when Network Mapping

Windows 10 Login Password Use when Network Mapping: I have a Windows 10 Pro installed on a Vaio Z Canvas laptop and as the only user I do not use a password to login each time I turn it on. I have a Wireless and Ethernet network installed so that I can share files, printers etc. and do not use public folders on any of the...