Windows 10: Recover pointer and touch-screen capability on H-P Split

Discus and support Recover pointer and touch-screen capability on H-P Split in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Need to recover the pointer and the touch-screen capability on my H-P Split. When it starts up, there is no pointer, and the screen doesn't respond to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RubenDP, May 31, 2019.

1. RubenDP Win User

Recover pointer and touch-screen capability on H-P Split

Need to recover the pointer and the touch-screen capability on my H-P Split.

When it starts up, there is no pointer, and the screen doesn't respond to touch.

Suggestions?

:)

RubenDP, May 31, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

My touch pad isn't working? I touched my screen ONCE and the pointer is lost forever.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers?

It is possible that you have turned off pointer by clicking on the keyboard function key.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps.

1. Press windows key + x, and choose Control Panel.

2. Tap on Mobile PC, and then tap Pen and Input Devices.

3. Tap the Touch tab.

4. Under Touch Pointer, select the Show the touch pointer when I’m interacting with items on the screen check box.

You can also try these steps.

1. Use your finger to press and hold the taskbar.

2. Point to Toolbars, and then tap Touch Pointer.

3. To turn the touch pointer on, tap the Touch Pointer icon on the taskbar.

Further you may also update the driver from Device Manager to check if that helps.

1. press windows key + x

2. select device management

3. select the drivers and right click and update

Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, we will be happy to help you further.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, May 31, 2019
  3. Splitting screens

Hi,

To resolve your issue with splitting screen, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Likhitha V.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 31, 2019
  4. Recover pointer and touch-screen capability on H-P Split

touch screen acts as mouse pointer instead of touch

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed on the PC?
    3. What is the error message you get with those troubleshooting steps?

Try these steps and let us know the status:

Step 1:

You can run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if that helps.

Follow the steps:

• Click on Start button, type ‘Troubleshooting’ and click troubleshooting under Settings.
    • Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.
    • Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.
    You can also install the latest driver for the computer from the manufacturer website. Once the drivers are installed or updated, please remember to restart the computer and check if that helps.

Step 2:

You may try and update the touch screen drivers to check if that helps.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touchpad driver. Once the drivers are installed or updated, please remember to restart the computer and check if that helps.

Please try the above steps and let us know the status to help you further.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B.

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Recover pointer and touch-screen capability on H-P Split

1. Recover pointer and touch-screen capability on H-P Split - Similar Threads - Recover pointer touch

2. Lost login code Win 10 H/P

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost login code Win 10 H/P: My grandson lost the log in code for his new computer. His father was going nuts. LOL. I tried a program called pcunlocker. Did not have any luck with that. The computer does not have a disk drive. Tried putting the program off a USB stick but didn't have any luck with that....
  3. Lost login code Win 10 H/P

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost login code Win 10 H/P: My grandson lost the log in code for his new computer. His father was going nuts. LOL. I tried a program called pcunlocker. Did not have any luck with that. The computer does not have a disk drive. Tried putting the program off a USB stick but didn't have any luck with that....
  4. H-P Scanner Printer..8025 Pro. Ink Jet. Prints but does not scan or copy.. H-p...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    H-P Scanner Printer..8025 Pro. Ink Jet. Prints but does not scan or copy.. H-p...: I have an H-P and only 15 months old. Tried scanning and will not work. H-P contacted and re-installed driver and ultimately, afer 2 hours on the phone, said scanner broken. It is installed. It is impossible. Machine hardly used. I am convinced it is some computer...
  5. h e l p

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    h e l p: give me your best free antivirus because oh my 80+ viruses with 9 trojan holy dang submitted by /u/Ertiolgaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lquqo8/h_e_l_p/
  6. no more finger print sign in and touch screen capability is gone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no more finger print sign in and touch screen capability is gone.: no more finger print sign in and touch screen capability is gone. all this happened just out of the blue. did a clean installation and nothing. I will be honest, really I feel really frustrated on how invasive Microsoft is and how any of their computers are set to do what...
  7. touch pad mouse pointer

touch pad mouse pointer: on games my in game pointer doesn't work it is just stuck in the center of the screen but behind the game I can move the desktop pointer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-mouse-pointer/054c21db-9b02-450d-b297-4f123fbe8934
  8. H P Deskjet Printer will not install. Error 3

H P Deskjet Printer will not install. Error 3: My daughter has a Laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. It seems to have all the updates. Her printer, which she has had for over a year, is a HP Deskjet 3630 Series. Recently the printer stopped printing from the laptop. I have made several attempts to reinstall the printer...
  9. touch screen acts as mouse pointer instead of touch

touch screen acts as mouse pointer instead of touch: Hi, I was trying to use a tablet (ipad) as a second screen. I used Duet first and it worked finger scrolling and all. But duet gave openGL problems). So i uninstalled that and tried Xdisplay. This works but now the touch usses the mouse instead of the pointer... I reinstalled...
  10. white spots/haze/blob on touch-capable screen

white spots/haze/blob on touch-capable screen: A white blob/haze/spots is present on my convertible's screen (Samsung ATIV 700T Smart PC Pro). It appears more prominently if the screen is displaying white and they are present only near the screen's edges. (refer to pic). [img] Based on my research, those are caused...