Windows 10: Recover Product Key from dead HDD

Discus and support Recover Product Key from dead HDD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, my laptop had a motherboard isuue that lead to the death of my PC. Almost every component is damaged, I brought the laptop in a PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlbertoSartini, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Recover Product Key from dead HDD

Hi,

Recently, my laptop had a motherboard isuue that lead to the death of my PC. Almost every component is damaged, I brought the laptop in a PC repair shop but they couldn't do anything. We tried to recover at least the HDD, without success. I'm currently building a new PC and I wonder if there's a way to get back the windows license. Thanks in advance for the help

[Moved from It-It to En-Us]

:)

AlbertoSartini, Jun 24, 2020
  2. RaPiDo987 Win User

Help recovering MS Office product key

Hey Guys!

I just built a new rig for my grandma but unable to install MS office because she lost the product key. The old HDD still has it install but I don't know how to recover it... *Confused Recover Product Key from dead HDD :confused:

Anything will be greatly appreciated *Toast :toast:

RaPiDo987, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Need some help. Old HDD. New laptop.

Yes, that would be a favorable solution if possible. But it requires what I said as a first step. Once he gets booted into the OS, then he can either use it as is or try to recover the product key. I'm not saying he couldn't do what you said, I was replying to another post that suggested simply copy/pasting documents from the old hard drive.

Papahyooie, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Recover Product Key from dead HDD

How can I retrieve the Windows product key out of a dead HDD

How can I get my Windows 10 product off of a HDD that is no longer working ?

I am unable to recover any data from the hard drive.

sammvimes1, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Recover Product Key from dead HDD

1. Recover Product Key from dead HDD - Similar Threads - Recover Product Key

2. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer: Hi there!I just had my desktop that was running on Win 10 I think stop turning on after a roof leak got it very wet. I went into a panic because I had a lot of legal documents on the desktop I know, I know...I just hadn't gotten around to backing them up because I'm an idiot....
  3. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer: Hi there!I just had my desktop that was running on Win 10 I think stop turning on after a roof leak got it very wet. I went into a panic because I had a lot of legal documents on the desktop I know, I know...I just hadn't gotten around to backing them up because I'm an idiot....
  4. need product key from dead computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need product key from dead computer: My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there are no more physical tags anymore, who can I contact to get this info? Thank you!!!! Bill A....
  5. need product key from dead computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need product key from dead computer: My Dell Inspiron has a bad hard drive. I need to get the product tag so I can create a media disk for windows 10 to install on the new drive. If there are no more physical tags anymore, who can I contact to get this info? Thank you!!!! Bill A....
  6. need product key from dead computer

7. Product Key on Dead SSD

Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  8. Product Key on Dead SSD

Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  9. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Recover product key

Recover product key: My hdd was stolen from my lap top is there any way to recover the product key as there is no sticker on the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-product-key/d331ba3b-e4b6-46bb-970e-f765ef549453