Windows 10: Recover the Windows 10 User from Windows.old?

Discus and support Recover the Windows 10 User from Windows.old? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone my old harddrive just stop working (more information in my old post) but i managed to recover my old data inside a windows.old folder (fail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ralsh, Mar 24, 2020.

1. /u/Ralsh Win User

Recover the Windows 10 User from Windows.old?

Hi everyone my old harddrive just stop working (more information in my old post) but i managed to recover my old data inside a windows.old folder (fail attempt to reinstall windows in a broken drive).

Now i have a brand-new drive and im trying to get everything as before. So, now im facing the next issue:

Im trying to get the same user as my old computer, same desktop, same configuration, same everything.

Looking in my windows.old i saw the Users folder and within my old user folder, can i manage to recover it or merge it with the new one? I assume isn't easy as copy the folder, because the registry and other stuff.

Hope you can help me Recover the Windows 10 User from Windows.old? :)

Thanks for reading and happy quarantine.

submitted by /u/Ralsh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ralsh, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Recover the Windows 10 User from Windows.old? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Recover the Windows 10 User from Windows.old? - Similar Threads - Recover User old

2. Recovering old windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovering old windows product key: I had to reinstall windows 10 with a new bios update and need to recover my old product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-old-windows-product-key/4d976767-f8e7-4ce2-844b-f94db4630a34
  3. How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows: My older PC blue screened so I built a new PC with new SSD drives and installed the old PC drive in my new one as a 2nd drive. The problem is my documents folder has a yellow lock in the top right corner. I'm not able to open any files. I'm not sure I could have used folder...
  4. How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows: My older PC blue screened so I built a new PC with new SSD drives and installed the old PC drive in my new one as a 2nd drive. The problem is my documents folder has a yellow lock in the top right corner. I'm not able to open any files. I'm not sure I could have used folder...
  5. Recovering user files from old hard drive from dead PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering user files from old hard drive from dead PC: I had an all-in-one PC that died about a year ago and have just managed to get my hands on a hard drive caddy to try and recover the files that I had on the old PC's HDD. However, when I go into the disk I cannot access the files - when I try to go into my old user profile on...
  6. Recover removed Windows 10 account from C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover removed Windows 10 account from C:\Users directory: I had a Windows 10 account lets call it account1 on my work laptop that was linked to the Microsoft account I was given by my organisationI was having some problems connecting to Office 365 / Windows AD after my organization reset my MFA Outlook, Teams etc were repeatedly...
  7. Recover an old Harddrive with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover an old Harddrive with Windows 10: Hello there!I hope you can help me for I didn't find a discussion with the same problem as mine.The situation: Some days ago my Laptop 4-5 years old Acer 5 Nitro Black Edition died. The reason seems to be a broken main-board. So I bought a new Laptop, also an Acer 5 Nitro. I...
  8. Recovering a user account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering a user account on windows 10: I was trying to log onto my outlook email account on my work computer and I accidentally removed the original user account which was the company account and now all the files and icons are gone and I don't know how to switch it back. I tried deleting my account and that...
  9. Recovering a users Windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering a users Windows 10 password: The user has a working pin that allows him access to his windows 10 computer. However, he does not remember his password and would like to reset his password. How can this be accomplished?...
  10. How to recover Windows 10 Product Key/Activation from old PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to recover Windows 10 Product Key/Activation from old PC: I recently (a few months ago) decided I wanted to change some of the specs in my PC. Along with selling my old GPU, power supply, and case; I sold my 500GB SATA SSD in favor of a 1TB M.2 model. Before I made these changes and sold the parts, I was smart enough to wipe the ssd...