Windows 10: recover unsaved ms paint work?

Discus and support recover unsaved ms paint work? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was working on a picture in MSpaint when my laptop ran out of battery and turned off. When I plugged it in and got back on the window was closed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cumbucket99, Apr 28, 2020.

1. recover unsaved ms paint work?

I was working on a picture in MSpaint when my laptop ran out of battery and turned off. When I plugged it in and got back on the window was closed and my progress was gone. is there a way to recover it?

:)

cumbucket99, Apr 28, 2020
  2. xz_422 Win User

MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?

I know this is crazy, but during a few important work calls last week I took screenshots - and out of habit - posted them to regular MS Paint in a rush. I had about 10 different screenshots. I never saved them. I woke my computer up from sleep today (they've
    been there for days) and were gone.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get them? I have a restore point to April 6, if I restore to that date will they show up again as open files (is the restore point a pure screenshot of point in time?)

Please help, thank you so much! (and yes I know to do Windows + PrsntScrn now and other options, but I need help with the above).

I see this article:

Great news! Microsoft Paint will now automatically recover your unsaved images - MSPoweruser

How do I recover them?

xz_422, Apr 28, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?

Hi xz_422

I am sorry to say, Paint is too basic of an Application, it does not store unsaved files.

Also, a System Restore will restore System files and that is all, it will not bring back those screenshots, sorry . . .

DaveM121, Apr 28, 2020
  4. WillyBo Win User

recover unsaved ms paint work?

Recover unsaved wordpad document?

If you are as greedy as I am you better look up for free software! I used to find a lot of reviews of that kind of softwares. But I remember only two that would work for Windows - Recuva and Disk Drill https://www.cleverfiles.com/recover-unsaved-word-excel.html

WillyBo, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

recover unsaved ms paint work?

1. recover unsaved ms paint work? - Similar Threads - recover unsaved paint

2. Recover unsaved snips

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover unsaved snips: Edition Windows 10 Home in S mode Version 22H2 Hello:I might have walked away for a while, when my notebook did an update I didn't expect while I had a number of unsaved snips in the app. I do it all the time. I save a series of snips when I'm done with SAVE AS, one after...
  3. Recover unsaved snips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover unsaved snips: Edition Windows 10 Home in S mode Version 22H2 Hello:I might have walked away for a while, when my notebook did an update I didn't expect while I had a number of unsaved snips in the app. I do it all the time. I save a series of snips when I'm done with SAVE AS, one after...
  4. Recover unsaved snips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recover Unsaved Notepad Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Unsaved Notepad Files: I had about three Notepad files open on my laptop with lots of random notes for work, then my laptop went blue screen "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart." and I lost everything. I've tried looking in the %appdata% folder for .txt files and all I can see are...
  6. How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?: I was drawing on ms paint and was going around closing tabs so that the software would run more smoothly. I realised I closed the ms paint tab, which was strange because usually it goes "save before closing?". I know it was dumb not to save the project from the beginning, and...
  7. How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?: I was drawing on ms paint and was going around closing tabs so that the software would run more smoothly. I realised I closed the ms paint tab, which was strange because usually it goes "save before closing?". I know it was dumb not to save the project from the beginning, and...
  8. How to recover an unsaved ms paint project that glitched?

9. MS Paint not working

MS Paint not working: Hello, I use paint a lot so save screenshots and sometimes edit them to hide information, recently I've been having some troubles with it. I clicked it to open but it doesn't do anything I opened the task manager and I had all the paint that supposedly I opened but I doesn't...
  10. MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?

MS Paint Unsaved File Recovery?: I know this is crazy, but during a few important work calls last week I took screenshots - and out of habit - posted them to regular MS Paint in a rush. I had about 10 different screenshots. I never saved them. I woke my computer up from sleep today they've been there for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recover paint file