Windows 10: Recover USB stick from Memtest86?

Discus and support Recover USB stick from Memtest86? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is stupid. I created a new bootable memtest86 onto a small 4GB USB stick. All OK. Now it says that it is just a 26MB drive! So I went to diskpart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MPSAN, Dec 1, 2016.

1. MPSAN Win User

Recover USB stick from Memtest86?

This is stupid. I created a new bootable memtest86 onto a small 4GB USB stick. All OK.
    Now it says that it is just a 26MB drive! So I went to diskpart and did a CLEAN. Great, and it shows 4GB unallocated.

NOTHING I try, even a Create Partition Primary will then let me format this stick to make it usable again.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have searched and all of everyone's suggestions do not work. What am I missing?
    OH, I am using 64 bit Win 10 Pro.

:)

MPSAN, Dec 1, 2016

2. Laptop Acer

my laptop acer will not go in to bios will not recover all it does is start reading from usb stick the loads the windows icon then goes off

sandysmith1, Dec 1, 2016
  3. Eldakka Win User
    Can Asus Transformer T100TA 32GB Version Get Windows 10 Upgrade?

Yes it can be downloaded to the SD card (or a plugged in USB device), at least it can be if you go to Microsoft.com and download it directly.

If you do this, that is go and download it directly, you can download an ISO (for transferring to DVD/USB) or a USB installation version.

Download that, transfer it to a bootable USB stick, and delete the image from the T100's internal storage if you need to recover the space.

Then boot off the USB stick and install from there.

Eldakka, Dec 1, 2016
  4. MPSAN Win User

I did it myself...

DISKPART> list disk
    DISKPART> select disk (id)
    DISKPART> online disk (if the disk is not online)
    DISKPART> attributes disk clear readonly
    DISKPART> clean
    DISKPART> convert mbr (or gpt)
    DISKPART> create partition primary
    DISKPART> select part 1
    DISKPART> active (if this is the boot partition)
    DISKPART> format fs=fat32

MPSAN, Dec 1, 2016
  5. Molyy Win User
    OMG , sorry to get that problem. i just want to know you just need to use the USB stick to make a a new bootable memtest86 , right ?

Molyy, Dec 1, 2016
  6. MPSAN Win User
    No, I just wanted to bring back the stick to 4GB. After creating the Memtest86 USB bootable stick, you can not erase it and get the stick back to the original capacity! NOTHING I tried, except the above, fixed it.

MPSAN, Dec 1, 2016
  7. These instructions come from this link. http://superuser.com/questions/54760...mtest-from-usb

• Insert USB Disk.
    • Launch the imageUSB program that you used to create the MemTest86 USB and select the appropriate USB Disk. (Be careful and select the correct drive!).
    • Choose the Zero USB Disk option & Run.
    • Drive MBR (Master Boot Record) is now Zeroed. You will need to reinsert the drive for Windows to recognize it and prompt for formatting before you can use it again. A normal format will now recover the full capacity of the USB drive.

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2016
  8. MPSAN Win User

Been there and tried that first. They even said it may not work and in my case it did not. Anyway, the Doskpart did work but you have to be very careful!

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recover USB stick from Memtest86? - Similar Threads - Recover USB stick

2. Simple imaging from a USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple imaging from a USB stick?: Target: Clone simple laptop (Windows 10 & office only) to USB stick, reapply image from stick no technical understanding Background: I am doing some work for a charity who have been given the number of laptops that they want people to use for learning and to access resources...
  3. Error booting from a USB stick?

Error booting from a USB stick?: I have an 8gb botbar USB stick with Windows 10, when I plug it into my PC and want to boot from it, the message like in this picture appears. What can I do? I can't find the right solution. Thanks in advance! Picture source:...
  4. Pc from usb stick boats?

Pc from usb stick boats?: Hello, I have tried to boot Windows 10 on my old computer. I created a bootable usb-stick with 16GB with the media creation tool of Windows, everything worked fine, no error messages. After I plugged the usb stick into my pc (Lenovo Ideapad 100), I went into the bios to...
  5. Rescue data from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Rescue data from USB stick?: My USB stick is no longer recognized by my PC and all others and should be formatted. When I go to the disk management, the stick is displayed, but in RAW format and only with 8MB storage space although it has 2GB. Some data recovery programs like EaseUS or Recuva can't find...
  6. Can't boot from USB stick

Can't boot from USB stick: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...
  7. usb stick

usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  8. Booting from USB stick or DVD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from USB stick or DVD: Imagine a computer where W10 is running on an SSD. I have a USB stick and/or a DVD which contain a bootable version of W10 (probably made from Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). After a fault, the plan is that after tickling F12 (in my case) the above bootable version could be...
  9. Moved: Can not boot to memtest86+ usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Moved: Can not boot to memtest86+ usb: i'm not sure where to post this so if it should be someplace else please let me know. I created an initial thread https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashe...-new-post.html on my BSOD. It is believed, and I agree with axe0, that it is most likely a memory problem. He said I...
  10. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792

Users found this page by searching for:

1. memtest how to recover usb