Windows 10: Recover user Password for Windows 10 while still being logged in

Discus and support Recover user Password for Windows 10 while still being logged in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I for some weird reasons lost the Windows 10 user password on my computer. I am however still logged in to the computer and can launch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RagnarToss, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Recover user Password for Windows 10 while still being logged in

Hello,

I for some weird reasons lost the Windows 10 user password on my computer. I am however still logged in to the computer and can launch applications with admins right.
    I am a bit scared to use most recovery tools which needs you to close your computer in order to get the password because in case it doesn't work I'm fucked.

Also note I am still logged in to Teams and Outlook version of Office365 in case that can help

Is there any tools like a powershell application I can use to get back my password without logging off ?

Thanks guys !

submitted by /u/RagnarToss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RagnarToss, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Recovering forgotten W10 log on password

Hi John,

We have different ways on how to get your account back. First, let's check if the Caps Lock
    isn't ON, because passwords are case-sensitive. Then, if you're using the right password but still can't sign in, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    article for more information oh how to recover your
    Windows 10 account.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Recover user Password for Windows 10 while still being logged in

Windows 10: Passwords seem to get lost

Hi Jackie,

In cases wherein you cannot log in to your Windows 10 computer, we need to consider if you are typing the correct password or if you are logging in to the correct account. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

In the event that you are using a local account on your Windows 10 PC, we suggest following the steps in this

article
    to reset your Windows 10 local account password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Recover user Password for Windows 10 while still being logged in

1. Recover user Password for Windows 10 while still being logged in - Similar Threads - Recover user Password

2. How to login to user that disappeared from logon screen while not being logged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login to user that disappeared from logon screen while not being logged in: Hi guys. I accidentally deleted the secondary user's folder and forgot about it and tried to login to that account. But when it said I can't I noticed one more thing. The account that has been working disappeared from logon screen. So I don't know how to login. If somebody...
  3. How to login to user that disappeared from logon screen while not being logged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to login to user that disappeared from logon screen while not being logged in: Hi guys. I accidentally deleted the secondary user's folder and forgot about it and tried to login to that account. But when it said I can't I noticed one more thing. The account that has been working disappeared from logon screen. So I don't know how to login. If somebody...
  4. Being logged on as a temp user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being logged on as a temp user.: I'm being logged on as a tempary user. The Event Viewer describes warnings and the following:1. The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID...
  5. Being logged on as a temp user.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Being logged on as a temp user.: I'm being logged on as a tempary user. The Event Viewer describes warnings and the following:1. The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID...
  6. Being logged on as a temp user.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Recover user files without logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover user files without logging in?: I have folders on portable drive previously set to READ only by everyone else and full by my user account. Now system has been down for weeks I take the drive to another laptop with same user name and password I can't gain full control. Back then Windows would treat them as...
  8. 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.: Hello. Hoping someone can help with this. I tried to log onto my Aspire M laptop. I used it the other day with no problem. This morning I tried to use my computer it said my password was incorrect. I can not get past the log in screen. It states that my password is...
  9. Recovering a users Windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering a users Windows 10 password: The user has a working pin that allows him access to his windows 10 computer. However, he does not remember his password and would like to reset his password. How can this be accomplished?...
  10. Windows 10 Still Requires Password When Logging In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Still Requires Password When Logging In: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and the first thing I'm trying to do is disable the user login on startup. I followed the guide by going into the User Accounts window and unchecking "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." [img] I...