Windows 10: Recover Win 10 product key

Discus and support Recover Win 10 product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For reasons that would take far too long to explain, I need to recover my Win 10 product key. I am no longer able to use the version that came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeeRex, May 4, 2021.

1. LeeRex Win User

Recover Win 10 product key

For reasons that would take far too long to explain, I need to recover my Win 10 product key. I am no longer able to use the version that came installed with the computer. To fix this I bought a new version from Amazon, though it did not come with a key. The new version is working well but without a key certain functions are not available. Anticipating your wisdom in advance. Thanks

:)

LeeRex, May 4, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Incorrect. The OEM Windows 10 Pro key is embedded in the bios. There was no need to buy anything....

Recover Win 10 product key post #15.

Bree, May 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  4. LeeRex Win User

For reasons that would take far too long to explain, I need to recover my Win 10 product key. I am no longer able to use the version that came installed with the computer. To fix this I bought a new version from Amazon, though it did not come with a key. The new version is working well but without a key certain functions are not available.

Anticipating your wisdom in advance. Thanks

LeeRex, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Recover Win 10 product key - Similar Threads - Recover product key

2. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 product key: I have an HP laptop, I have installed Linux Ubuntu for the final year Engineering project, and a few days ago GRUB menu is corrupted, then Linux got corrupted, and now Windows too, so the question is can I extract the product key without accessing the windows. There are some...
  3. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 product key: I have an HP laptop, I have installed Linux Ubuntu for the final year Engineering project, and a few days ago GRUB menu is corrupted, then Linux got corrupted, and now Windows too, so the question is can I extract the product key without accessing the windows. There are some...
  4. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recover product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover product key: My hdd was stolen from my lap top is there any way to recover the product key as there is no sticker on the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-product-key/d331ba3b-e4b6-46bb-970e-f765ef549453
  6. Win 10 product key

Win 10 product key: Why we able to find win 10 product key with cmd and this is legally true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-product-key/87359acb-6006-4ad0-a1aa-165b130dec91
  7. How to recover win 10 pro product key?

How to recover win 10 pro product key?: So i just made fresh install of windows 10 pro, went to my microsoft account to get the activation key and its not there. It says that i have purchased the product: win 10 pro, when i try to open the link: URL not found or written wrong. I have second account with win 10...
  8. Recovering windows 10 product key?

Recovering windows 10 product key?: A few months ago, my desktops' hard drive suffered a catastrophic failure. I am dumb, and I never made a recovery disc, and I cannot find the paperwork that came with my computer. I did, however, have my microsoft account linked to that computer, by which I mean I had to use...
  9. Recover Windows 10 Product Key

Recover Windows 10 Product Key: Good morning. A few years ago I bought a new computer to my father with W7 Home Premium. A few months later, I upgraded it to W10 with the free upgrade that Microsoft offered; but I didn't copy the W10 Product Key. A few weeks ago the computer's hard drive crashed...
  10. Product key for Win 10

Product key for Win 10: I converted from Windows 7 to the free version of Windows 10 home. Can I get a product key for Windows 10? Replacing a drive and I need to do a cold start on it. Old drive won't clone to new one....