Windows 10: Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup

Discus and support Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer crashed and windows 10 in ssd got corrupted. I have an image backup in my harddisk but I can't restore it. So I removed the hdd and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeungIvan, Mar 15, 2020.

1. LeungIvan Win User

Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup

My computer crashed and windows 10 in ssd got corrupted.

I have an image backup in my harddisk but I can't restore it.

So I removed the hdd and reinstalled w10 on the ssd.

however i logged in windows with my microsoft account and this personalized the os, making me unable to restore the image backup.

how can I restore my ssd with those office apps with the image backup without losing my windows 10 keys?

:)

LeungIvan, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup :p

de.das.dude, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup

1. Recover Windows 10 from Image Backup - Similar Threads - Recover Image Backup

2. Windows won't let me recover from an image backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't let me recover from an image backup.: I have made an image backup of my system at an earlier state on an external hard drive, and windows 10 simply won't let me restore the machine from this image. I have tried everything from advanced startup options, then it won't let me do it because the recovery drive is on...
  3. Windows won't let me recover from an image backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me recover from an image backup.: I have made an image backup of my system at an earlier state on an external hard drive, and windows 10 simply won't let me restore the machine from this image. I have tried everything from advanced startup options, then it won't let me do it because the recovery drive is on...
  4. Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails

Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails: Hello,I'm trying to restore a backup of Windows 10 on an older laptop Lenovo E540, UEFI boot after replacing HDD of the laptop with an SSD 500GB Seagate replaced with a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. My so far attempts to restore the backup by booting either from a Windows 10...
  5. Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails: Hello,I'm trying to restore a backup of Windows 10 on an older laptop Lenovo E540, UEFI boot after replacing HDD of the laptop with an SSD 500GB Seagate replaced with a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. My so far attempts to restore the backup by booting either from a Windows 10...
  6. Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempt to recover of a backup image of Windows 10 fails: Hello,I'm trying to restore a backup of Windows 10 on an older laptop Lenovo E540, UEFI boot after replacing HDD of the laptop with an SSD 500GB Seagate replaced with a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. My attempts to restore the backup by booting either from a Windows 10 installation...
  7. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Can we just backup a file/directory ? Microsoft Edge, with Sync on, continually looses the password file. As does Chrome. Luckilly firefox still works.I do NOT want to use secondary password managers, as they simply are not secure.A simple file/directory backup seems to work...
  8. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Can we just backup a file/directory ? Microsoft Edge, with Sync on, continually looses the password file. As does Chrome. Luckilly firefox still works.I do NOT want to use secondary password managers, as they simply are not secure.A simple file/directory backup seems to work...
  9. Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Edge Passwords From Image Backup: Was wondering of the possibility in this scenario... Win10 Pro latest release was backed up as an image file on a backup drive. The backup drive was moved to a new PC running Win10 Home. Is there a way to recover the Edge passwords from the image file? There is also the...
  10. Can not recover with from a System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can not recover with from a System Image Backup: Story: I have 6 Windows 10 systems. The drive in my G60 laptop just crashed out completely and while the three partitions can be seen in another PC neither the size nor any other information is available - it's trashed. It's 10 Home upgraded from Windows 7 back in the free...