Windows 10: Recover Windows 10 key, login into MS account on old Windows 7

Discus and support Recover Windows 10 key, login into MS account on old Windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HI, my laptop crashed which I had reset to factory specs. It has windows 10 the laptop but it back to windows 7. I have that windows 10 listed on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KimberHar, Jun 29, 2020.

1. KimberHar Win User

Recover Windows 10 key, login into MS account on old Windows 7

HI, my laptop crashed which I had reset to factory specs. It has windows 10 the laptop but it back to windows 7. I have that windows 10 listed on my MS account under managed devices. On Windows 7 how can I log into my account and recover my windows 10 key. Is that even possible?

Thank you

:)

KimberHar, Jun 29, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Need to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change? Here's how. , Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Recover Windows 10 key, login into MS account on old Windows 7

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Recover Windows 10 key, login into MS account on old Windows 7

1. Recover Windows 10 key, login into MS account on old Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Recover key login

2. Recovering old windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering old windows product key: I had to reinstall windows 10 with a new bios update and need to recover my old product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-old-windows-product-key/4d976767-f8e7-4ce2-844b-f94db4630a34
  3. Recovering old windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering old windows product key: I had to reinstall windows 10 with a new bios update and need to recover my old product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-old-windows-product-key/4d976767-f8e7-4ce2-844b-f94db4630a34
  4. Recovering old windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. how to recover old account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover old account?: Nine years ago, I used a Microsoft phone, but I had forgotten my ID. Please help, give me an idea, and solve my issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-old-account/cce2129b-e61e-4575-ac69-faad21b2534c
  6. how to recover old account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recover old account?: Nine years ago, I used a Microsoft phone, but I had forgotten my ID. Please help, give me an idea, and solve my issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-old-account/cce2129b-e61e-4575-ac69-faad21b2534c
  7. Cannot login with MS account on Windows 10 - AT ALL!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot login with MS account on Windows 10 - AT ALL!: Hi. Today I changed password for my MS account hotmail.com. Login through the web browser works fine. MS Office reported problems with account, I clicked [Fix it] - not work. Clicked [Sign Out] and then [Sign In] - not work. Sign out was successfull, Sing in fail with...
  8. Recover a child's MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover a child's MS account: Hi I set up an account for my child a bit ago and when I went to log in, it doesn't seem to recognise the passwords I would expect to have used. The password recovery form doesn't seem to work, probably because he has never sent any email, on account of him being 5! I...
  9. Old Windows 7/10 key on New Hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old Windows 7/10 key on New Hardware: Installed a new mobo/ram/cpu into my old case and have found that the key I was using with the old hardware wont activate. Tried calling microsoft's phoneline to see if customer support will activate it for me but their automated phone system is garbage and hangs up on me...
  10. Recover Windows 10 key after installing Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Windows 10 key after installing Windows 7: Hello everyone, I updated to W10 from W7 last year, when you could do it for free, and, as far as I know, my official W10 key got stored in my motherboard. Today, I wanted to format my PC but accidentally installed W7 instead of W10. I want to upgrade to W10 so I am...