Windows 10: Recover Windows Live email contacts

Discus and support Recover Windows Live email contacts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have lost Windows Live email contacts. I continue to receive email, however, I cannot reply or forward as my contact file is empty.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StacyGales, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Recover Windows Live email contacts

Have lost Windows Live email contacts. I continue to receive email, however, I cannot reply or forward as my contact file is empty.

:)

StacyGales, Jan 29, 2020
  2. gkuep1945 Win User

Need help organizing contacts in Win7 Live Email

I use Windows7 Live Email and need to have separate groups of email contacts. Live maintains all the contacts and allows grouping into categories but they still reside in the main list. I need to have separate groups for camera club, friends, and relatives. I don't want to have to look thru the whole list to find a business contact not in a group.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this or another email program to use that will?

Thanks!

gkuep1945, Jan 29, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jan 29, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Recover Windows Live email contacts

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Recover Windows Live email contacts

1. Recover Windows Live email contacts - Similar Threads - Recover Live email

2. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?: Exporting contacts from windows live mail as .csv, all field tickboxes checked, opened in excel, no field for "work email" I have about 5000 buisness contacts many with second email address in "work email" field, how do I export them?...
  3. How do I recover my contacts list in Windows Live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my contacts list in Windows Live: How can I restore my contacts list to Windows Live Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-contacts-list-in-windows-live/10c16e10-c361-4fb0-bf90-184413f615e4
  4. How do I recover my contacts list in Windows Live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my contacts list in Windows Live: How can I restore my contacts list to Windows Live Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-contacts-list-in-windows-live/10c16e10-c361-4fb0-bf90-184413f615e4
  5. How do I recover my contacts list in Windows Live

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails: Starting late last week, Windows Live Mail will not open on my computer. The box with the logo appears in the middle of the screen with the "working" icon spinning round and round, but the program never opens. If I click on a different program, the logo box disappears and...
  7. Microsoft Live email- lost contacts and calendar events

Microsoft Live email- lost contacts and calendar events: Opened Microsoft Live email and all contact and calendar events are blank. any way to recover these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-live-email-lost-contacts-and-calendar/c1fa22d6-e038-4dc5-8d36-984da5146c41
  8. Recover emails from windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    Recover emails from windows live mail: Hello everybody, I used windows live mail for years however recently I had a problem with my HDD and windows 10 was so bad that it wouldn't start (I tested 10 different ways) So I decided to take advantage and buy an SSD and make a new clean install. Now I have both hard...
  9. Contact List in live

Contact List in live: delete old or duplicate contacts - edit does not give a delete option how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-list-in-live/f61cbacd-7277-4d8b-a84a-7b01065293ad
  10. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...