Windows 10: Recover Windows password when recovery device is gone

Discus and support Recover Windows password when recovery device is gone in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to help a friend recover the Windows password from her late husband's computer. She has turned in his cell phone, which was probably where... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ann OSullivan, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Recover Windows password when recovery device is gone

I am trying to help a friend recover the Windows password from her late husband's computer. She has turned in his cell phone, which was probably where the recovery code was set up to be sent. She may be able to find the last 4 digits of his old charge card, but some of the information needed she doesn't know. He used it mostly for his consulting business. She would just like to use it for her emails and accessing the internet. I don't think she should have to get rid of a good computer just to buy one for her limited use. Is there some way she can recover the password? She is in her 70's and isn't computer savvy.

:)

Ann OSullivan, Aug 11, 2020
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Aug 11, 2020
  3. solaris needs serious help with recovering data

Hate to say it... but guess what... you shouldnt be trying to recover CDs that you dont own anymore. I know your intensions are honorable, but this is actually a help me pirate/hack thread.

I've had great results with all of the following (for recovering lost data, not CDs *Wink Recover Windows password when recovery device is gone ;)):
    • recuva
    • getdataback
    • r-studio (recovery studio)
    • EASEUS Data Recovery

lemonadesoda, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Recover Windows password when recovery device is gone

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Recover Windows password when recovery device is gone

1. Recover Windows password when recovery device is gone - Similar Threads - Recover password recovery

2. Recovering Windows Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recovering Windows Password: I have been helping my partner to regain access to her Microsoft account as she has forgotten her Windows password. We have completed the information requested at the https://account.live.com/acsr? website and have been told it might take 24 hours to decide if all necessary...
  3. Recovering Windows Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Windows Password: I have been helping my partner to regain access to her Microsoft account as she has forgotten her Windows password. We have completed the information requested at the https://account.live.com/acsr? website and have been told it might take 24 hours to decide if all necessary...
  4. Recovering Windows Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password recover

Password recover: I had hotmail account email since 1998.I forgot password.Phone to recover password was from 1998. I dont have this phone number anymore.After sending form to recover password answering hotmail question, i was receive email from microsoft on my other account:To reset the...
  6. recover Windows password and account password.

recover Windows password and account password.: My brother-in-law recently passed leaving behind a wife that knows nothing about family finances, etc. I have tried the recovery process twice but do not have enough accurate information she left everything entirely to him and knows nothing to verify. We currently can't...
  7. recover password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    recover password: Applies to: Windows 10, OneDrive, Outlook.com My wife got locked out of her account. Computer says the password is incorrect. When we go through the password recovery process "I forgot my password" the following occurs: 1. Microsoft asks for email to send verification...
  8. How to recover windows administrator password when forgotten administrator password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to recover windows administrator password when forgotten administrator password?: Good day, I've used 2 user 1 user for everyone and 1 for me. The administrator user that I used, Someone has been changed my password and user id & I can't log in anyway with the administrator user. Now I'm using standard user where I can't do any administrative work. Can...
  9. Problem when recovery device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem when recovery device: My tablet has been shut down when I'm resetting it. Any suggestion? Does it cause my device get stuck in the logo menu in the future? What could happen? Please reply as soon as possible, thanks! I'm freaking out. My English is not good, so if I say something rude, I didn't...
  10. Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Windows Device Recovery Tool to Rollback from Windows 10 Mobile [img] Information You can download the resetting your phone fixes the problem. This tutorial will show you how to use...