Windows 10: Recover Your Account on Startup in Windows 10

Discus and support Recover Your Account on Startup in Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is this a scam window that "We can help you reset your password security information. Enter your Microsoft account and follow the instructions below."?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Vic360A, May 17, 2019.

1. Vic360A Win User

Recover Your Account on Startup in Windows 10

Is this a scam window that "We can help you reset your password security information. Enter your Microsoft account and follow the instructions below."? Is this from Microsoft since it does say that? Should I do it and click next or close the window with the X? How can one tell this is from Microsoft for this big blue window?

:)

Vic360A, May 17, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 17, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Recover Your Account on Startup in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, May 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Recover Your Account on Startup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Recover Account Startup

2. RECOVER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RECOVER ACCOUNT: Hi, i HAVE THIS HUGE PROBLEM.I cant recover MY OWN account, i have acces to the email that i created an microsoft account. A hacker changed every info on my account. I write the skype name of the account here after that, it apears that microsoft have to verify that is my by...
  3. RECOVER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RECOVER ACCOUNT: Hi, i HAVE THIS HUGE PROBLEM.I cant recover MY OWN account, i have acces to the email that i created an microsoft account. A hacker changed every info on my account. I write the skype name of the account here after that, it apears that microsoft have to verify that is my by...
  4. Recover an account

Recover an account: How can I recover an account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-an-account/34629a21-bb5a-429f-a7c8-5c68437dd671
  5. Recover an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover an account: How can I recover an account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-an-account/34629a21-bb5a-429f-a7c8-5c68437dd671
  6. Help recovering photos on your phone app windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help recovering photos on your phone app windows 10.: I recently accidentally wiped my phone while trying to root but the your phone companion app on my computer has all of my photos saved but won't let me download them. Is there any folder I can go to access these since it doesn't give me the full image when I screenshot. I...
  7. Help recovering photos on your phone app windows 10.

Help recovering photos on your phone app windows 10.: I recently accidentally wiped my phone while trying to root but the your phone companion app on my computer has all of my photos saved but won't let me download them. Is there any folder I can go to access these since it doesn't give me the full image when I screenshot. I...
  8. Recovering a user account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering a user account on windows 10: I was trying to log onto my outlook email account on my work computer and I accidentally removed the original user account which was the company account and now all the files and icons are gone and I don't know how to switch it back. I tried deleting my account and that...
  9. PC crashed and will not recover/startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashed and will not recover/startup: Hey if someone can give me insight on this it would be great. So today my Asus Desktop PC had a problem loading on startup, froze, and it did the windows 10 version of a blue screen with the frown face and it saying there was a problem. on the next boot up it went to a...
  10. Windows 10_when Startup: There can not be signed in to your account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10_when Startup: There can not be signed in to your account.: Since I've received the anniversary update from Windows 10 (version 1607), regularly when starting up my computer, this message appears on the monitor: There can not be signed in to your account. Know that I'm the only user of these computer, the administrator, without a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 Recover your account