Windows 10: Recover your username result screen won’t let me sign-in. Windows 10

Discus and support Recover your username result screen won’t let me sign-in. Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I opened my laptop today, I was shown a list of new things I could do with Windows 10. When I tried to go past that, I was asked to sign in. A... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nvarvil, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Nvarvil Win User

Recover your username result screen won’t let me sign-in. Windows 10

When I opened my laptop today, I was shown a list of new things I could do with Windows 10. When I tried to go past that, I was asked to sign in. A screen said i needed be sure I was using the correct username. I had a text sent to me with email address confirmation code which I entered on online screen.
    A screen now says
    Microsoft
    Recover your username

Xxx xxx xxxx (my phone number) is associated with the following username:

My correct email address is listed under that.

The Sign-in button below that on the right is grayed out and won’t let me sign in. I have shut down and restarted my computer and also waited an hour.

How can I get my computer to let me sign in?

:)

Nvarvil, Apr 5, 2020

2. Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10

I has enabled in group policy to hide the usernames or logon IDs before signing in to Windows 10 but even after a GPUPDATE /FORCE and a reboot, the usernames are still listed on the actual logon screen UI before signing in to Windows 10. The policy does not seem to take effect. I set the policy back to Not Configured until we see why this will not take effect. I am on a Standalone machine.

win10freak, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10

Could be in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options?

Recover your username result screen won’t let me sign-in. Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Recover your username result screen won’t let me sign-in. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Recover username result

2. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  3. My computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won’t let me sign in: I just bought my computer second hand from cousin who used it for school, and i had to factory reset it because it still had all of his information on it. the first time i tried to reset it, it died or something before it could finish. i say or something because even though...
  4. Windows won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t let me sign in: Renewed my subscription for 365 office and I cannot access my desktop files for excel, word etc. When I open a file it says unlicensed product. I try to activate it and it takes me to a sign in page. I try to sign in and after I put my password in, it says that I can use my...
  5. Windows won’t let me sign in

Windows won’t let me sign in: Renewed my subscription for 365 office and I cannot access my desktop files for excel, word etc. When I open a file it says unlicensed product. I try to activate it and it takes me to a sign in page. I try to sign in and after I put my password in, it says that I can use my...
  6. The system does not let me recover my username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system does not let me recover my username: I have alternate email. System will not let me see all letters. Only first 2. I remember first 2, I don't remember last 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-does-not-let-me-recover-my-username/c9cdc70a-3a38-4754-bbc4-75db8c73ea5f
  7. The system does not let me recover my username

The system does not let me recover my username: I have alternate email. System will not let me see all letters. Only first 2. I remember first 2, I don't remember last 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-does-not-let-me-recover-my-username/c9cdc70a-3a38-4754-bbc4-75db8c73ea5f
  8. Windows 10 won’t let me sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 won’t let me sign in: When my new laptop arrived I went through settings to turn off internet connection. I wanted to bumble around getting used to the screens without worrying about viruses etc. I made no other changes and obviously couldn’t download anything new. Today when I clicked on sign in...
  9. Won’t let me sign out Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won’t let me sign out Minecraft: My friends couldnt join my world even though i was singed in then i checked the minecraft in game menu and it said that i wasnt signed in the mn i went to the minecraft home menu where it says play and all that and said i was signed in so i tried signing out and it wouldnt...
  10. It won’t let me sign into Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won’t let me sign into Minecraft: When i sign in its say please go into xbox.com and i fix it and it still say the same thing can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-sign-into-minecraft/c0ed5361-6758-4f22-b8fc-199f98bb607b