Windows 10: Recovered black screen error but files I want to save frozen?

Discus and support Recovered black screen error but files I want to save frozen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I had a black screen error on Windows 10 probably due to running out of RAM, doing too much at once. However I was luckily able to recover without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NinjaNight, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Recovered black screen error but files I want to save frozen?

Hi,

I had a black screen error on Windows 10 probably due to running out of RAM, doing too much at once. However I was luckily able to recover without rebooting by using windows key + control + shift + b to restart graphics drivers and the screen came back to life. I was able to control + alt + delete and restart windows explorer in task manager to bring it all the way back but now a couple paints I had open are there and blacked out or transparent. The unsaved notepads and unsaved paints are still showing but can't interact with them to save them (I really don't want to lose them thats why I didn't restart) they will popup their window but be transparent or not show their contents so I can't do anything with it. If I slide something like task manager around it leaves a continual trail graphically of where it was.

So things are still messed up but I can for example open a new windows explorer and browse around and interact with my folders and files. Is there maybe a way to find the unsaved notepads/paints on the file system and transfer them into permanent storage out of RAM onto a hard drive so I can restart without losing all of them? Or a solution so I can interact with them again and save them graphically as usual since they're still open and not lost yet?

:)

NinjaNight, Jun 24, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Recovered black screen error but files I want to save frozen?

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Recovered black screen error but files I want to save frozen?

1. Recovered black screen error but files I want to save frozen? - Similar Threads - Recovered black screen

2. Bddci.sys black screen frozen hell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bddci.sys black screen frozen hell: Computer Doesn't Restart After ErrorIt’s happened a few times now, started on windows 10 my computer bluescreened. Soon it was at %100, but it wouldn't restart. It was stuck saying it was at %100. Now on windows 11 and it’s happened again. I have to hold down the button to...
  3. Bddci.sys black screen frozen hell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bddci.sys black screen frozen hell: Computer Doesn't Restart After ErrorIt’s happened a few times now, started on windows 10 my computer bluescreened. Soon it was at %100, but it wouldn't restart. It was stuck saying it was at %100. Now on windows 11 and it’s happened again. I have to hold down the button to...
  4. Frozen black screen after loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen black screen after loading screen: When I opened my laptop, I saw the loading screen but after it finished it only showed the black screen. So, I turned the power off and turn it back on but still faced the same issues. Then, I decided to wait a couple minutes and this thing popped out on my screen"The...
  5. Frozen black screen after loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen black screen after loading screen: When I opened my laptop, I saw the loading screen but after it finished it only showed the black screen. So, I turned the power off and turn it back on but still faced the same issues. Then, I decided to wait a couple minutes and this thing popped out on my screen"The...
  6. Frozen black screen after loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black screen with loading cursor frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with loading cursor frozen: Hi I was trying to make a game on roblox studio but all suddenly I got a Microsoft alert and it turned into a black screen with a blue loading cursor I tried my best to turn it off and looked up a bunch of ways on YouTube but still nothing is working it ended up turning off...
  8. I want to recover deleted files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to recover deleted files.: i did not backup nor made any restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-recover-deleted-files/89f407d7-4559-4975-ad58-f7b9e7945c04
  9. Black Screen With Frozen Cursor

Black Screen With Frozen Cursor: Hello, I've just Installed Windows 10 on a newly assembled PC. My update was turned off. On the first day around 4th time when I shut down my PC, It was stuck on a black screen with frozen cursor and keyboard didn't work. I had to restart my PC by long pressing the Power...
  10. Laptop stuck in recovery screen - want to save files

Laptop stuck in recovery screen - want to save files: My laptop was going through a windows update earlier when it just shut off. After loading it back up it got stuck on the “restoring to a previous version” screen for a while, was advised to turn it on/off until the recovery screen. Except nothing works. Not the refresh,...