Windows 10: Recovered .txt Files Have Scrambled Code and Meta Data in Contents.

Discus and support Recovered .txt Files Have Scrambled Code and Meta Data in Contents. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted some .txt and .rtf files from two thumb-drives. I have tried both EaseUse and Lazesoft recovery and both programs managed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Noninvasive, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Recovered .txt Files Have Scrambled Code and Meta Data in Contents.

I accidentally deleted some .txt and .rtf files from two thumb-drives. I have tried both EaseUse and Lazesoft recovery and both programs managed to retrieve the files with the same results. They all have good names written properly in English. Open them and they have encoded contents! Some of them begin with metadata, and things which have no place in the file (such as the directory folder name they were in or file name and extension; How did that get into the file? ). If they were really damaged data, why are all the hundreds of file names in perfect condition?

Their content seems to be written in a different language, complete with paragraphs, some sort of computer gobbltyguk. Some of them are partially normal with real English programmer tags < stuff here in English > , and/or metadata inserted before the content continues... as it should, in normal English.

So... are they really gone? or this an encoding problem? Why do they begin with information that does not belong in them such as their files extensions and real code written in brackets <>.

Is there some way to decode this back into English?
    Recovered .txt Files Have Scrambled Code and Meta Data in Contents. [​IMG]

[*]
    [*]

zebal Posts : 661 Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867) New 38 Minutes Ago #2
    Can you zip up and attach just one file that you think does not contain anything personal or sensitive? [/quote] My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI / MS-7B29
    CPU: Intel i3 8100 @3.6Ghz
    Motherboard: H310M PRO-VDH (MS-7B29)
    Memory: 1 x 16GB DDR4 @2400 MHz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB SDDR4
    Sound Card: Realtek VEN_10EC&DEV_0887 / NVIDIA VEN_10DE&DEV_0081
    Monitor(s) Displays: Acer V226HQL
    Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Keyboard: Mechanical Gaming Hydra R7 - Rampage
    Mouse: Verbatim Model:49041
    Case: Everest 551B
    Hard Drives: SSD 500 GB Crucial MX500 / HDD 1 TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100
    Internet Speed: Down: 28Mbps / Up: 19Mbps
    Browser: Microsoft Edge Chromium 89.0.774.54 (Official build) (64-bit)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender 1.333.417.0
    Other Info: NIC: Realtek PCIe GbE RTL8111/8168/8411

[*]
    Posts : 25 Windows 10 (64) Thread Starter New 23 Minutes Ago #3
    My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Laptop

[*]
    [*]

zebal Posts : 661 Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867) New 16 Minutes Ago #4
    My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI / MS-7B29
    CPU: Intel i3 8100 @3.6Ghz
    Motherboard: H310M PRO-VDH (MS-7B29)
    Memory: 1 x 16GB DDR4 @2400 MHz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB SDDR4
    Sound Card: Realtek VEN_10EC&DEV_0887 / NVIDIA VEN_10DE&DEV_0081
    Monitor(s) Displays: Acer V226HQL
    Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Keyboard: Mechanical Gaming Hydra R7 - Rampage
    Mouse: Verbatim Model:49041
    Case: Everest 551B
    Hard Drives: SSD 500 GB Crucial MX500 / HDD 1 TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100
    Internet Speed: Down: 28Mbps / Up: 19Mbps
    Browser: Microsoft Edge Chromium 89.0.774.54 (Official build) (64-bit)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender 1.333.417.0
    Other Info: NIC: Realtek PCIe GbE RTL8111/8168/8411

[*]
    Posts : 25 Windows 10 (64) Thread Starter New 3 Minutes Ago #5
    My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Laptop

[*]

zebal Posts : 661 Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867) New 1 Minute Ago #6

Noninvasive, Mar 20, 2021
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Mar 20, 2021
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Recovered .txt Files Have Scrambled Code and Meta Data in Contents.

1. Recovered .txt Files Have Scrambled Code and Meta Data in Contents. - Similar Threads - Recovered txt Files

2. Scrambled files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrambled files.: Downloaded files and instead of instructions and pictures I am getting what looks like the coded version. Is there anyway to change back to original file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrambled-files/4f4aff39-e0f2-429f-8f84-ba7c319825a6
  3. recover data/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover data/files: hi,I have a USB stick with important files and folders. But when I tried to open the drive, it stated to format. Fat. Cannot open it. I do not want to format it. How can retrieve everything in it without formatting the drive?...
  4. recover data/files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover data/files: hi,I have a USB stick with important files and folders. But when I tried to open the drive, it stated to format. Fat. Cannot open it. I do not want to format it. How can retrieve everything in it without formatting the drive?...
  5. Txt code

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Txt code: how do I make buttons say custom things on txt documents?like, I want to make a harmless virus prank but I want and I really need to know how to change what text is on the buttonsCode if it helps: X=MsgBox"message description",3+16,"Title"...
  6. Txt code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Txt code: how do I make buttons say custom things on txt documents?like, I want to make a harmless virus prank but I want and I really need to know how to change what text is on the buttonsCode if it helps: X=MsgBox"message description",3+16,"Title"...
  7. Txt code

8. File Explorer: Issues with meta data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: Issues with meta data: Hi I am tagging all my photos right now. I am struggling with problems in File Explorer, when using multiple tags in combination with the search. Issue 1 detail pane: Without search, all tags are listed: [ATTACH] With search, only a few tags are listed:...
  9. WMP meta data

WMP meta data: Hi I have a question on why WMP seems to change meta data inconsistently. What is happening is: - I will go through the effort of updating a song's metadata (clicking on "Find Album Info") - The data will change, including the file name as per the settings in WMP and sorting...
  10. What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?: New to win 64 home. I use Total Commander with Show Hidden Files. but have [[meta]] and [[meta-new]] set not to show. What are they? 86335