Windows 10: Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space

Discus and support Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Agree that Minitool will easily do the job. And safely. (that 350 MB looks suspiciously like it used to be a recovery partition). C should be shrunk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesJoey, Jul 4, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space

Agree that Minitool will easily do the job. And safely. (that 350 MB looks suspiciously like it used to be a recovery partition). C should be shrunk. 126GB is way more than you need for an OS partition. Also appears the box is legacy, not UEFI. And if it's not already, set the drive to GPT, not MBR, with MiniTool. Allows for future primary partitions, should the need ever arise.

f14tomcat, Sep 26, 2016
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, BEFORE doing any changes to your partitions, make sure you make a Complete Image Backup of your Drive !!!! I suggest you use Macrium Reflect, and also make the Media Rescue disk, BEFORE doing any changes to your partitions! This will give you Insurance incase something goes wrong after you change your partitions.
    Macrium Reflect Free

OldMike65, Sep 26, 2016
  3. cereberus Win User
    You cannot change drive with OS to GPT if using a legacy bios install.

You can change a data drive but rarely needed unless greater than 2.2 TB.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space

1. Recovering 350mb Unalocated Space - Similar Threads - Recovering 350mb Unalocated

2. Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover disk space from cancelled Windows File Recovery action: Hello, I was using the File Recovery tool to recover a folder from my external hard drive E with below steps: 1- winfr E: C: /regular 2- "Ctrl+C" to cancel the process halfway through as I realized C drive did not have enough space 3- noted that my Drive C was missing...
  3. Recover Unallocated Disk Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Unallocated Disk Space: How can I recover 15.18GB of unallocated space shown below: [ATTACH] preferably using Disk Management or cmd but not 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-unallocated-disk-space/fab332ab-883e-4f73-8645-d70c16d8728b
  4. Recover from Storage Spaces drive failure

Recover from Storage Spaces drive failure: There must be a very simple answer to this question so I am hoping ........... I've been researching the internet for days for a solution. Some time ago, I came across W10 Storage Spaces utility and thought this would be a good solution to protect my data. I bought 2 3TB...
  5. Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space

Unable to delete large = 100Gb backup files to recover HDD space: I now using AMOEI products for file backup / partition management, now I have created some backup files differential that are 100Gb I need to delete to recover disk space. When I try to use std Windows delete function I have left for 5 hours and it still says "calculating"...
  6. Second Hard drive has waisted space that I cannot recover

Second Hard drive has waisted space that I cannot recover: I have a small ssd drive C that my operating system is on. When it was installed the operating system and a recovery partition was created on this C: drive. Sytem is windows 10 version 10.0 build 17763 This left my E: drive with 2 recovery partitions and an EFI system...
  7. Recover unallocated space on data disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover unallocated space on data disk: I installed Windows 10 on a new PC, with OS on Samsung 950 PRO. For data disk, at this stage, I use a Samsung 840 PRO which I transferred from my old 8.1 PC. The data disk now shows in diskmanagment 351MB unallocated space, and 119 GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition). How...
  8. How do I recover/repair my storage space?

How do I recover/repair my storage space?: I apologize if this is not in the correct forum. I have a storage space on my personal computer that consists of 3 drives. My storage space is setup as parity. Last night I rebooted my machine and allowed it to install new Windows Updates and this morning when I came back...
  9. How to recover a volume accidentally delete from Storage Spaces

How to recover a volume accidentally delete from Storage Spaces: Need urgent help here: 1. I have a Mass Storage Space created and it included 3 disks 2. In Disk Manager, I accidentally deleted the volume on the storage space 3. The files are all there on the three disk as in the Storage Space management page the disks are all showing...
  10. Recovering the space of the recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering the space of the recovery partition: I've seen references that Windows 10 does not require a recovery partition. I have a Dell Latitude E7450 with a 256GB SSD that has a 450MB rec partition. I bought it used so I dk whether it was upgraded from 7/8--probably--and the partition stayed there or was upgraded to...