Windows 10: Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop

Discus and support Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to recover a previous Windows 10 backup to a new computer after setting up exactly the same account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeyersRossouw, May 21, 2020.

1. Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop

I would like to recover a previous Windows 10 backup to a new computer after setting up exactly the same account?

:)

BeyersRossouw, May 21, 2020

2. Restoring a backup to a different computer

I think your reply answers my question. If I remember correctly, I think my backup has a system image, which can screw my previous installation. Now, I am thinking of doing this

• creating a backup of my work computer
    • restoring the backup of my previous computer
    • recovering files
    • restoring the backup of my work computer

parkerhaag, May 21, 2020
  3. psheadl Win User
    Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive

Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop [​IMG]

Thanks, here is the screen shot
    Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop [​IMG]

psheadl, May 21, 2020
  4. Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop

I Have A Backup Of A Computer With Windows XP. I Purchased A New Computer With Windows 10. Can I Recover The Backup To Windows 10?

I had a Dell Dimension E310 desktop computer with Windows XP I purchased in 2005. Last week, it crashed. I cannot get it to boot up. Fortunately, I backed it up on a external drive a few days before the crash. Yesterday, I purchased a new Dell computer with
    Windows 10. Can I Recover the Windows XP Backup to the new Windows 10 computer so I can recover all my Documents? Will it write over the Windows 10 program? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

ColemanCreative, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop

1. Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop - Similar Threads - Recovering backup previous

2. Recover previous windows install from windows.old

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover previous windows install from windows.old: I recently ran into a problem with my PC and had to reinstall windows. One thing led to another and now I have a clean windows version which isn't activated on my disk, and have my entire older install in my windows.old folder which used an activated windows pro license. Is...
  3. how to recover files from previous windows version backups

how to recover files from previous windows version backups: Need to recover some files from old backups made on windows 7 or older and I am using windows 10 now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-files-from-previous-windows-version/2440db88-0967-4cfd-9da0-2172a32fb0bf
  4. Problem recovering from Windows Backup

Problem recovering from Windows Backup: Hello, need some help, but I don't know if this is the write place. Got a Windows 2012 R2, crashed and a Backup in a iSCSI disk. When I try to recover (create a Windows 2012 Boot disk with iSCSI Drivers), the recover does not recognised any backup on the iscsi. The...
  5. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering system settings from previous HDD: Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive. I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the...
  6. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

Recovering system settings from previous HDD: Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive. I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the...
  7. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

8. Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop: I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent it to them I ran a backup to an external hard drive. The files are located in a file labeled "File History". They sent me a...
  9. Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive

Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive: I did a search for answers to my problem and didn’t find what I needed. I apologize in advance, but I am desperate to recover my data. Sorry for the long post but here is the history leading to my problem. Recently MS did an update to my Windows 10 (believe 1703?). After that...
  10. How to access user files from previous computer's backup

How to access user files from previous computer's backup: Hello All, Now that I'm on Windows 10 I found I have the need to access user files from an old backup when this machine was Windows 7. The Macrium backup gives me everything I need with the exception of the ability to view/access my prior user files. Can someone point me...