Windows 10: Recovering a "RAW" drive

Discus and support Recovering a "RAW" drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ordinary 6TB HDD plugged into an external carrier, USB3 to the laptop. Worked fine. Had a situation where the power went off and on to the carrier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GracieAllen, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Recovering a "RAW" drive

Ordinary 6TB HDD plugged into an external carrier, USB3 to the laptop. Worked fine.

Had a situation where the power went off and on to the carrier several times and suddenly the HDD says it's NOT formatted, it's a 'RAW' drive.

I don't want to recover the 250,000 or so files 'cause they're STILL there. I'm looking for a free utility that'll just rebuild whatever's needed and turn this POS back into a normal NTFS drive. I can find software to do it, but if it's going to cost me $50 to do something this trivial I'll just format the thing and back everything back up to it overnight.

So, actual FREE, as opposed to all the FREE utilities that suddenly only let you do 100MB or something once they're installed, utility to restore the NTFS partition WITHOUT copying hundreds of thousands of files.

:)

GracieAllen, Sep 25, 2018

2. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Sep 25, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Recovering a "RAW" drive

Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file

Hi StrainedVase852,

When a drive is in RAW status, it means that the drive is not ready to be explored or accessed by the operating system. To save the data on the RAW drive, you can first recover them with the free data recovery software on the market. However, if there's
    no important data on the drive, you may proceed with converting the RAW drive in another way (Since convert is a command that does not work on RAW drive, you need to turn to another command, format.):

1. Type command prompt in the search box, right-click the best match and run it as administrator.
    2. Type the following the hit Enter: format F: /fs:fat32 (Note: F is the drive letter of the RAW drive)
    3. Press Enter again.
    4. Specify the partition label if you want to. It takes around twenty minutes to format a 32GB SD card.
    5. Exit command prompt.

Let me know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Recovering a "RAW" drive

1. Recovering a "RAW" drive - Similar Threads - Recovering RAW drive

2. Bitlocker raw drive recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker raw drive recover: I connected a new ssd to the computer, deleted the windows partition on the old hdd, and installed windows on the new ssd. Now the partition that was encrypted by bitlocker on my old hdd has become a raw partition. Tried many ways but it didn't work, how to bring it back my...
  3. Bitlocker raw drive recover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker raw drive recover: I connected a new ssd to the computer, deleted the windows partition on the old hdd, and installed windows on the new ssd. Now the partition that was encrypted by bitlocker on my old hdd has become a raw partition. Tried many ways but it didn't work, how to bring it back my...
  4. Bitlocker raw drive recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. RAW file system USB can not be recovered

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW file system USB can not be recovered: Hello everyone! Please help me out!So I have a Kingston USB 3.0 32GB. I used Ventoy to create a multi-boot USB. But after the program ran successfully, the USB could not be accessible: "You need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it"I checked the status in Disk...
  6. USB drive RAW

USB drive RAW: It said i need to format the drive to use it,but i dont want to,since there are important files in it,i cant check for disk errors since there was no recognized file system,please help if you can,thanks....
  7. How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed: Hello, I've recently been trying to use my old, broken laptop's larger and speedier drive to run Windows 10 on my desktop. After initially connecting the drive to my PC to see what was on there via SATA E: Drive, I was able to interact with the files on it and run .exe...
  8. raw hard drive

raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  9. raw hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  10. Recover data from RAW disk?

Recover data from RAW disk?: Hello all! I had Windows 10 Enterprise on a ssd 480gb sandisk ultra II but It's corrupted, I can't even launch Windows or repair tools. I've managed to run repair tools and get a command prompt, as diskpart says, my disk is on a raw partition now, and it shows the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recovering data and files from a raw ntfs drive