Windows 10: Recovering a users Windows 10 password

Discus and support Recovering a users Windows 10 password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The user has a working pin that allows him access to his windows 10 computer. However, he does not remember his password and would like to reset his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dlesher, Jan 19, 2020.

1. dlesher Win User

Recovering a users Windows 10 password

The user has a working pin that allows him access to his windows 10 computer. However, he does not remember his password and would like to reset his password. How can this be accomplished?

:)

dlesher, Jan 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 User Password

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

Unfortunately there is no way to see what password you have stored on your account. I would suggest you to contact your brother and check if your brother remembers the password and can help you with it.

The other way is that you reset the password (if you are using a Microsoft account)

Reset your password

If you are using a local account, you may remove the password and set a strong password again by yourself or by consulting your brother. To remove the password, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type control panel and click on Ok.
    • On the top right corner, change the view by to large icons.
    • Click on User accounts. And then click on manage another account.
    • Under the list, select your account and click remove/delete password.

Once the password is deleted, you may go to the same settings to set a new password.

Hope this information was helpful. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Shoshi Win User
    Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Recovering a users Windows 10 password - Similar Threads - Recovering users password

2. Recovering Windows Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recovering Windows Password: I have been helping my partner to regain access to her Microsoft account as she has forgotten her Windows password. We have completed the information requested at the https://account.live.com/acsr? website and have been told it might take 24 hours to decide if all necessary...
  3. I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...: I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. The user is not connected to my Microsoft account and the is no other method of unlocking the computer beyond the password. I would like to avoid at all cost losing the data on this computer.Thank you in advance for any...
  4. I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...: I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. The user is not connected to my Microsoft account and the is no other method of unlocking the computer beyond the password. I would like to avoid at all cost losing the data on this computer.Thank you in advance for any...
  5. I forgot the password of a the user in my windows 10. How do I recover the password or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to recover windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover windows 10 password: My dell vostro 2605 password is forgotten I also haven’t made a backup drive folder so I tried retting pc but in advanced options reset pc wasn’t visible there was only startup options I guess it was because earlier my pc was infected by virus so if I used a bootable usb will...
  7. How to recover windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover windows 10 password: My dell vostro 2605 password is forgotten I also haven’t made a backup drive folder so I tried retting pc but in advanced options reset pc wasn’t visible there was only startup options I guess it was because earlier my pc was infected by virus so if I used a bootable usb will...
  8. Recover Windows 10 password 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Windows 10 password 2023: They do not make it easy when you forget your password, or else anyone could say they're you and get into your account. 1 You should first try changing the password: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14699-reset-password-user-account-windows-10-a.html 2 If you cannot change...
  9. Recover user Password for Windows 10 while still being logged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover user Password for Windows 10 while still being logged in: Hello, I for some weird reasons lost the Windows 10 user password on my computer. I am however still logged in to the computer and can launch applications with admins right. I am a bit scared to use most recovery tools which needs you to close your computer in order to get...
  10. Recover administrator password in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover administrator password in Windows 10?: Forgotten my Administrator password in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/recover-administrator-password-in-windows-10/50ab6e1f-dcb9-4531-92d8-094a5306d0e4