Windows 10: Recovering a Windows that wont boot.

Discus and support Recovering a Windows that wont boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How the problem originated: I tried to resize my system partition using Aomei Partiton Manager. I was successful in resizing the partiton but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kshitij Radotra, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Recovering a Windows that wont boot.

How the problem originated: I tried to resize my system partition using Aomei Partiton Manager. I was successful in resizing the partiton but my windows stopped booting.

Current status: when i turn on my laptop i see the windows logo and the spinning/loading icon below it. After 30 seconds my system restarts automaticallykind of like bootloop

Some things that i tried : I did some googling and tried some things like rebuilding the bcd bootrec /fixboot says acces denied but still no success. While running bootrec /scanos i get 0 installations found.

Is there any way to get my Windows running again. i want to avoid reinstallation as much as possible.

Note : 1 i have uefi bios and my hdd is gpt.

2 automatic startup repair using the recovery options is not working. sfc scan is also not working. both fail to start

3 i also have linux installed maybe some way to edit windows boot files using that

Please ask any information you need. I really need to fix it. Thank you in Advance.

:)

Kshitij Radotra, Mar 19, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    Perform these steps before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Mar 19, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Recovering a Windows that wont boot.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Recovering a Windows that wont boot.

1. Recovering a Windows that wont boot. - Similar Threads - Recovering wont boot

2. Windows crashing and wont recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing and wont recover: Thursday morning, my laptop abruptly started to have serious startup errors ive tried everything. Windows updates, acer hardware updates and even tested the norton utilities package and windows wont stay alive more than a few minutes.....
  3. Windows crashing and wont recover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing and wont recover: Thursday morning, my laptop abruptly started to have serious startup errors ive tried everything. Windows updates, acer hardware updates and even tested the norton utilities package and windows wont stay alive more than a few minutes.....
  4. Windows Wont boot

Windows Wont boot: Good Day Microsoft User i wanna know that windows wont boot how can i fix this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-boot/f156cb50-fcf6-429d-ab21-d49a19df6889
  5. windows wont boot

windows wont boot: hi, windows wont boot on my new custom built PC. here are the specs and the issue:512 gb ssd recognizedmsi b560m pro-vdh wifi recognizedi5-11400 recognized16 gb crucial ballistix @ 3200 mhz recognizedevga 650 w recognizedissue: i built my pc, had high hopes, and it turned on!...
  6. Windows wont boot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows wont boot?: ok so heres what i have done CMOS wiping Reseated cpuno bent prongs or broken ones Re-seated every ram stick in every ram slotthere are 4 Flashed bios updated bios to 3001 i have also tried reinstalling fresh clean windows 10 i have also tried command promp to rebuild...
  7. Windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont boot: Hi everyone I will start by telling how it all happend. I wanted to install a new languag pack for cortana on my computer. But after restarting it it would not boot. It would go to to the windows splash screen an show the spinning white dots but it will stay there forever....
  8. Windows 10 HDD wont Recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 HDD wont Recover: So, it all started when i was trying to see if I could enable discreet graphics around in the Bios and i changed the settings from AHCI to Raid on accident. And theres were the problems began. It booted in Raid mode by itself, nothing to actually Raid with really. From that...
  9. windows wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows wont boot: my screen went black in the middle of looking at a document. it wont repair; I cant reset, I cant do a system restore, I cant open in safe mode; nothing. It appears there is a bootres.dll file that is corrupt. I cant find it, or fix it. I'm at my wits end. Please help. I have...
  10. Windows 10 Computer Wont Boot or Recover

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Computer Wont Boot or Recover: I have an Asus computer x64 that was originally Windows 8 which I upgraded to Windows 10/10.1, and have had no issues for over a year. I was running someone else's SD card to watch a video and I closed out the video and popped out the SD card. My computer then froze. So, I...