Windows 10: Recovering Administrator Account

Discus and support Recovering Administrator Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently began noticing that my laptop a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series (running windows 10) started to slow down quite a bit ie. It would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OmarMorales4, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Recovering Administrator Account

Hello,

I recently began noticing that my laptop a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series (running windows 10) started to slow down quite a bit ie. It would take forever to open programs, connect to the internet, and struggled to do almost any simple task. It was very frustrating. I tried cleaning out what I had and it did not work. So I decided to factory reset it.

I went ahead with the process and to my surprise it asked for login information for "other user". I tried to put my old information in and nothing. Tried using my MS account and nothing. Then I tried to go through it in Safe Mode and got past the login but got to a black home screen where I couldn't press on anything. It also posted an error message. So I turned it off and tried going back in, this time I was greeted with "Administrator" at the login and after trying to login it said that my Administrator Account had been disabled and to contact someone about it.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it! I can't go past this point and do not want to try moving things around again to just make it worse. Any info would be helpful as I am desperate because this is the laptop I use for school.

Thank you.

:)

OmarMorales4, Jan 13, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Can't recover account but I'm The Administrator on the pc.

You can grant an administrative right to a local user by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop-down menu.
    • Select OK.

We still recommend that you create a new Microsoft account as what the email suggested. This will also help you run and use Microsoft apps in the future.

Regards.

Arjay Dom, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Recovering Administrator Account

Can't recover account but I'm The Administrator on the pc.

Thank you for the update.

As the email suggests, we recommend opening or creating a new Microsoft account. There's also a possibility that you can no longer recover the files stored in your Administrator account since it will require administrator rights to be accessed.

Regards.

Arjay Dom, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Recovering Administrator Account

1. Recovering Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Recovering Administrator Account

2. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  3. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  4. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to Recover Deleted Administrator Account in Windows 11

How to Recover Deleted Administrator Account in Windows 11: I have changed my administrator account into guest account by mistake, and now there isn't any administor account in my computer, so I can not download any app or open some software, how can I recover my administrator account?appendix: I can not enable the Built-in...
  6. Recover my administrator local account

Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  7. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  8. Recover my administrator local account

9. recover deleted administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    recover deleted administrator account: Hi, I had two administrator account on my windows 10. but I accidentally deleted my first admin account how i can get it back or at least get my data back?...
  10. How to Recover Deleted Administrator Account in Windows 10

How to Recover Deleted Administrator Account in Windows 10: Hi There, I have accidentally deleted my administrator user account. But fortunately, I have another administrator account and before deletion of my first administrator account, i thank God selected an option of save files. Now I can see my previous user profile in c...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows drive not accessiible after changing administrator account