Windows 10: Recovering backup files

Discus and support Recovering backup files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1TB computer started with Windows 7. Last September Microsoft second level technician had to do a custom instal of Windows 10 to fix problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SusanTravis, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Recovering backup files

1TB computer started with Windows 7. Last September Microsoft second level technician had to do a custom instal of Windows 10 to fix problems. Immediately made system repair disk and backed up files to an external 1TB hard drive. Recently computer's Hard Drive warned of imminent failure. Put in new hard drive after backing up files to same external drive - which I have been doing all along. Powered up computer with System Repair Disk and tried to backup files from external drive. Windows 10 seems fine, but the external drive backed up to that original 9-18 backup. I can see a 1-12-2019 backup on the external drive but it will not open it. Suggestions - and I am limping along on minimal knowledge, so please don't assume I know squat!

:)

SusanTravis, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Jan 14, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Ehstii Win User

Recovering backup files

Recovering quickbook files??

would anyone here happen to know how to recover quickbook files?

i have a customers computer here at my shop and their laptop is shot. needs a new motherboard. they dont want to replace it but they need to save their quickbooks information becuase they run their whole restaurant business off of it. so anyway i was wondering if anyone knew how to recover any of these files. i have it plugged in externally to my PC and cant locate anything.

is there a program or anything that i can do to get these files.
    i cant find any backup, .qbb, or .qbw files.

any ideas would be nice!

Ehstii, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Recovering backup files

1. Recovering backup files - Similar Threads - Recovering backup files

2. How to recover the backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover the backup?: I reinstalled windows and selected a backup to restore on my PC but nothing got restored excluding the microsoft store apps. How do I transfer the rest? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-the-backup/cc6a3283-3373-4837-8133-ffabb3d1ffed
  3. How to recover the backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover the backup?: I reinstalled windows and selected a backup to restore on my PC but nothing got restored excluding the microsoft store apps. How do I transfer the rest? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-the-backup/cc6a3283-3373-4837-8133-ffabb3d1ffed
  4. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  5. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  6. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Recover backup file from registry editor

Recover backup file from registry editor: I've accidentally deleted my windows profile's backup .bak from the ProfileList in Registrary Editor. I lost all my files as a result. Is there a way for me to recover my files?...
  8. Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive: Hi there. Since my desk top PC, running Windows 10, started misbehaving a couple of years ago I've been using a laptop for day to day work. I've given up on the old desktop and now want to recover various files - music, photos and Office documents from the 1TB WD Elements...
  9. Clean Install then Recover Backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clean Install then Recover Backup?: Long story sort I kind of messed up my GPT partition table. I have backed up an image of my Boot partition only (C:\) and not any other partitions such as bootloader etc... So my question is, would I be able to start all over, re-format the drive from Win10 installation...
  10. Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored

Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored: I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10 after some issues I was having with the PC. The clean install went successfully with no errors along the way. Now, however, I am trying to restore files from the backup I made prior to the clean install. If I look on...