Windows 10: Recovering Calendar and sticky notes data?

Discus and support Recovering Calendar and sticky notes data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop motherboard recently got wrecked and I want to extract off the data from the SSD. Easy enough with NVMe to USB to get the drive files, but if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TableNotes, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Recovering Calendar and sticky notes data?

My laptop motherboard recently got wrecked and I want to extract off the data from the SSD. Easy enough with NVMe to USB to get the drive files, but if I use an adapter how can I get the data on my calendar application and sticky notes? Maybe it is backed up on some Microsoft service (never sign into Microsoft applications so not sure).

Also, if I take the SSD to a new desktop build I read the Windows activation key is tied to most pre-built motherboards. I can't remember if I tied the key to an account and can't verify whether I did. Any advice to get a reinstall when I use the drive in a newly built Desktop?

submitted by /u/TableNotes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TableNotes, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Sticky Notes

Hi there,

I can understand the frustration - let's see if we can fix this for you!

Let's try a couple of steps:

Step 1: Recover Missing Sticky Notes from the File Location

When you accidentally delete a sticky note, the app data is still there. We can restore deleted sticky notes from a StickyNotes.snt file.

Open File Explorer on Windows, navigate to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

Find and right click on StickyNotes.snt file.

Select Restore Previous Versions.

Step 2: Recover Closed Sticky Notes from All Notes.

Open Sticky Notes app.

Right click on Sticky Notes app on Task bar, then choose All notes.

A full list of notes will appear, including the one that you closed.

Double click the note that you want to recover, then it will display as a standalone note like all regular ones.

The above was copied verbatim from this link:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Rick2021, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Thank you for getting back to us. To recover Sticky Notes backup from plum.sqlite, kindly try the steps below:

• Find and open plum.sqlite file with Notepad, Microsoft Word or Wordpad.
    • View and find the lost notes in the plum.sqlite file, copy the exact notes that you lost and and paste to a new Sticky Notes so to recover it.

Kindly get back to us and let know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Recovering Calendar and sticky notes data?

Unable to recover Sticky notes data

Hi. inzmam

My Name is David B.

Independent Advisor I'd like to help.

In this case, normally, the content of the quick notes is automatically saved in a file called StickyNotes.snt which is located in "% AppData% \ Microsoft \ Sticky Notes \ StickyNotes.snt".

Technically, you can open the file using Notepad.

Now, if this does not work, you can use third-party programs to recover your sticky notes.

In this case, as for example: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can recover deleted files and folders on your computer's hard drive, laptop, USB memory or SD card by scanning your entire storage unit, let's see the whole process below:

Step 1. Select a location: be it a local disk partition or a removable storage device, and then click the Scan button.

Step 2. Scan the entire storage device: it is a critical step, EaseUS data recovery software searches for lost data as much as possible. You will soon see a quick scan result called "Deleted Files" appear, there you will find all the deleted files and folders.

Step 3. Preview and recover files: in "Deleted files", you can search for the desired files following their path, or you can use the "Filter" function to quickly locate what you want by different types. In addition, you can double-click on the file found to
    get a complete preview. Finally, choose those files you want and click on the Recover button to save them to another location instead of the original one to avoid overwriting data.

Regards...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

DavidBlack452, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Recovering Calendar and sticky notes data?

1. Recovering Calendar and sticky notes data? - Similar Threads - Recovering Calendar sticky

2. Recovering sticky notes after Windows 11update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering sticky notes after Windows 11update: Hello, I recently updated to Windows 11, and my Sticky Notes works fine but my previous notes are all gone. I didn't sync them with Microsoft account. I've searched how to recover it, but nothing worked. What I did: Copied "plum.sqlite", "plum.sqlite-shm", and...
  3. Recovering sticky notes after Windows 11update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering sticky notes after Windows 11update: Hello, I recently updated to Windows 11, and my Sticky Notes works fine but my previous notes are all gone. I didn't sync them with Microsoft account. I've searched how to recover it, but nothing worked. What I did: Copied "plum.sqlite", "plum.sqlite-shm", and...
  4. Sticky Notes Recover

Sticky Notes Recover: Dear All, Can anyone help me to get sticky notes. Issue - I have updated my windows 8 without taking backup of sticky notes and now I remember there were some important details. Nothing has deleted by the system nor by me. Please help and let me know the possible way to...
  5. Recover Sticky Notes

Recover Sticky Notes: Hi! I've formatted the computer and reistalled Windows. Is there any way that I can recover Sticky Notes from the previous installation? I didn't synch them. Thanks and stay safe...
  6. recovering my sticky notes

recovering my sticky notes: my laptop stopped working recently and I needed information that I had saved in my sticky notes, so took the SSD out of my broken laptop and connected it to a different computer. I went to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft there should be a sticky notes folder...
  7. Unable to recover Sticky notes data

Unable to recover Sticky notes data: I have accidentally deleted data from the sticky notes. But i tried to recover data from the below location ..\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\plum.sqlite but it shows as there is no previous version. Please help me in this...
  8. How to recover lost/deleted Sticky Notes.

How to recover lost/deleted Sticky Notes.: Suddenly I have lost some Sticky Notes. How to recover them? ***Original title: Lost Sticky Note*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-lostdeleted-sticky-notes/59d46d7e-b9f2-42b4-89cf-9ae1c0a77c74
  9. How to recover lost sticky notes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover lost sticky notes.: My sticky note vanished. I have figured out where the files reside, however I have not discovered which file actually stores the info. What I do know is that .SQLite does not change with the addition of notes. I tried to restore the old notes from an image and managed to get...
  10. Where are stored data / content of Sticky Notes (Stickies) in Windows?

Where are stored data / content of Sticky Notes (Stickies) in Windows?: Hi! I'm using lot of time Sticky notes for Windows 10 and yesterday my system failed and required was reinstallation. Before I backupped whole system partition and want to find lost data. Can anybody help me where is possible to find Sticky Notes (or Stickies) data...