Windows 10: Recovering Corrupted RTF File

Discus and support Recovering Corrupted RTF File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a journal for this year that I use in Jarte. Jarte has corrupted a file like this before, a few years ago. I was never able to restore that and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IHateJarte, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Recovering Corrupted RTF File

I have a journal for this year that I use in Jarte. Jarte has corrupted a file like this before, a few years ago. I was never able to restore that and gave up. But this one I need. In Jarte, Wordpad, and Notepad, it is blank. In Word, it is blocks. It should be almost 200 pages, but now it is 82 pages. There is no previous temporary file and there is no version to back it up from. Jarte no longer has support so I can't ask Jarte for help. How can I get my journal back?

:)

IHateJarte, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

rtf. file

Hi Michelle,

Some documents when saved takes up space due to its components. For us to help you with your concern, we'd like to know if your rtf file has images on it.

Meanwhile, if your rtf file has pure texts, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reduce the size of your rtf file:

• Compose your rtf file in Microsoft Word.
    • Instead of saving, copy and paste your composition to WordPad. All the formatting is copied over too.
    • Save the document with WordPad, and you'll get a significantly smaller file.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 4, 2020
  3. S-and-S Win User
    RTF file corrupted

From your description, and from the efforts you've undertaken thus far, it appears that your .rtf is definitely corrupted. At this point, you'll probably want to focus your efforts on retrieving as much text as you can and reconstructing your file from that,
    if you can.

You can expand your search for a solution, because .rtf is also a Microsoft Word format. When searching, you can use ...

repair corrupted Word file

... or similar as a search term.

There are professional companies that try to recover corrupted files, but they're likely to be expensive. One example is
    OfficeRecovery. If you're thinking about this, keep your BS detector on 'high' so you only consider legitimate companies.

Here's an educated guess from me: Make a copy of your file and change the file extension of the copy to .wri

This is no time for wagging fingers, but it does bring home the value of making daily backups.

Finally: From time to time I am also unable to create paragraphs in the Microsoft Community. The paragraphs appear in the 'compose' box but they disappear once posted.

S-and-S, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Recovering Corrupted RTF File

1. Recovering Corrupted RTF File - Similar Threads - Recovering Corrupted RTF

2. The files that I recovered are corrupted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The files that I recovered are corrupted.: Hi guys, I am new to this forum but right now I am having a major problem. I reset my pc recently but there were some video files that I forgot to backup. I managed to recover them using a data recovery tool "recuva" but now I cannot play these videos and whenever I try to...
  3. The files that I recovered are corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The files that I recovered are corrupted.: Hi guys, I am new to this forum but right now I am having a major problem. I reset my pc recently but there were some video files that I forgot to backup. I managed to recover them using a data recovery tool "recuva" but now I cannot play these videos and whenever I try to...
  4. The files that I recovered are corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recover the corrupt file of iTunes

Recover the corrupt file of iTunes: Hi,Please if any one can help me in recovering the corrupt file of iTunes so that it can help me in restoring my backup and i can use the phone without any trouble.the corrupt could have occurred due to the many reasons such as File location changes, windows update, as such....
  6. how to recover corrupt file

how to recover corrupt file: how to recover corrupt file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-corrupt-file/55f33777-c6f1-4516-815c-560211f847d2
  7. Recover corrupted files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover corrupted files: I was editing some files in visual studio and then my pc shut down unexpectedly. After turning my pc on again, I tried to open those files but they don't show any text in notepad. But the size of the file in explorer indicates their is still content in them. Is there a way I...
  8. RTF File Corrupted from laptop power outage

RTF File Corrupted from laptop power outage: I have a WordPad document with all kinds of assorted ideas for future story content. I open the file one night to make a small edit only to find that the document was completely blank. It was replaced by a giant highlightable space. The file properties show the same file size...
  9. Corrupt RTF file

Corrupt RTF file: Unfortunately, a PC mishap caused an .RTF file to become badly corrupted. It is still relatively sizeable, so I would be under the assumption that some content is still there. The size may be due to the number of dodgy lines that are displayed in the file. But what I would...
  10. RTF file corrupted

RTF file corrupted: I have been writing an RTF file for one year now, and I got home from a trip to discover that the entire thing was corrupted. I opened the file and it was blank. Still had highlightable text and the correct length, as if it was all spaces. Once I opened it and found this I...