Windows 10: Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso)

Discus and support Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I have a copy of a crashed Ubuntu system's hard drive, which is in iso format. This copy was made with some Linux recovery software (can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by skynet10, Feb 29, 2020.

1. skynet10 Win User

Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso)

Hello,
    I have a copy of a crashed Ubuntu system's hard drive, which is in iso format. This copy was made with some Linux recovery software (can't remember how's it called). Now I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and it would be great to recover the lost work I did in Linux.
    I tried using various file recovery programs (like PC Inspector, Stellar Recovery, Remo Recovery) but they all require a mounted disk to recover from. The problem is, .iso file can't be mounted, as it is 'corrupted' or windows doesn't understand it's format. It also might be encrypted, I know the password.
    Any solutions how to recover the data?

Thanks in advance, Kristupas

:)

skynet10, Feb 29, 2020

2. solaris needs serious help with recovering data

How do you know that the CD's on his hard drive are not copies of his lifelong collection of purchased discs placed into one collection? *Wink Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso) ;)

Temps_Riising, Feb 29, 2020
  3. recovering data from a failed hdd

I understand your problem. 1 week ago I also lost all my data from hard drive which was crashed. Then one of my friend suggested me to use Remo Recover tool and seriously it worked for me as a miracle. Now I have all my data. Have a look on it. I hope you will like its features.

Joseph Martin, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso)

Recover Data After Ubuntu Use

Thank you all guys Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso) :) i will copy all data With Ubuntu Live / / /

m1s3rys1gn4l, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso)

1. Recovering data from a crashed Ubuntu system's copy (.iso) - Similar Threads - Recovering data crashed

2. Recover Files from Crashed Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover Files from Crashed Computer: After 10 years, my dad's desktop computer finally died. Physically it was only the motherboard and CPU that crashed. The HDD and all his files are still good. So he bought a brand new computer with a brand new Windows 10 OS, and a brand new Microsoft Office. The new...
  3. recover from crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recover from crash: Hello. Trying to recover from a disaster. Win 10 computer became infected or crashed hard to tell. Would not boot. Got new drive to replace sys drive c: . Microsoft tech support helped me create on my laptop which incidentally is also dead now a bootable ISO Win 10 image on a...
  4. Recovering Data from HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  5. Recovered data disappears after copying to new Win10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovered data disappears after copying to new Win10 installation: I've been a self employed I.T. engineer for 15 years. I have a routine when reinstalling windows for a client. I remove the hard drive, make a backup, replace, format & install windows. Then I remove the hard drive, connect it to the server with the backup and restore the...
  6. Copy ISO to USB from Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy ISO to USB from Mac: My desktop's hard disk failed. I have bought a new one. I downloaded 64 bit windows 10 on my Mac. How to make bootable usb drive to install fresh version of windows 10?...
  7. Recovering data from a broken vmdk file.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Recovering data from a broken vmdk file.: Hi there Just a tip (but use carefully). If you find that you have a corrupt VMDK virtual disk - on vmware it may be possible to rescue a lot of the data on it. This is what to do : 1) Start vmware to open ANY VM (Linux or windows VM) - or f you haven't got any spare...
  8. Recover data from Simple Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover data from Simple Volume: Hi I converted a partition of my HDD to a simple volume, and on my other partition was an ext4 which I then changed back to NTFS. Now, the NTFS has been picked up by Windows 10 as the "main" drive, and now doesn't recognize the simple volume and as a result, my files are...
  9. Recover data from RAW disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover data from RAW disk?: Hello all! I had Windows 10 Enterprise on a ssd 480gb sandisk ultra II but It's corrupted, I can't even launch Windows or repair tools. I've managed to run repair tools and get a command prompt, as diskpart says, my disk is on a raw partition now, and it shows the...
  10. Recover Data After Ubuntu Use

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover Data After Ubuntu Use: Hello guys, its all abou my server PC, i have total 2HDD, and they were used on Ubuntu Server, i have switched to windows, i want my data back, what to do ? sorry for my Bad English *Sad *Huh 56841