Windows 10: Recovering Data from HDD

Discus and support Recovering Data from HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2-Zons, May 21, 2019.

1. 2-Zons Win User

Recovering Data from HDD

I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10 desktop but the partition is not accessible. The partition shows up in disk manager as "Healthy (Primary Partition)" but when I try to access it in explorer it says drive needs to be formatted. I've done some searching for solutions but can't find anything that works. I don't want to do anything that might cause loss of data. I have some very important files on the drive that I didn't get to back up. I've tried a file recovery utility and it appears to find all the files but it doesn't show me the directory structure so finding the hundreds of files I need out of the millions on the disk is near impossible.

I would think there should be some simple way to remount this partition so it just works again. Any suggestions?

:)

2-Zons, May 21, 2019

2. recovering data from a failed hdd

I understand your problem. 1 week ago I also lost all my data from hard drive which was crashed. Then one of my friend suggested me to use Remo Recover tool and seriously it worked for me as a miracle. Now I have all my data. Have a look on it. I hope you will like its features.

Joseph Martin, May 21, 2019
  3. recover data from formated / del partition HDD

For my Laptop HDD, 500GB Samsung,

this hdd had gone exteremly slow...
    So i was trying out installation of fresh Win7 & Ubuntu...
    In this process mistakenly i formatted the HDD and delelted the partition...

There was some important data on the HDD partition..

Is there anyway i can recover some of the important data ? any software which can recover it from RAW?

alivehunter, May 21, 2019
  4. Recovering Data from HDD

recovering data possible dead hard drive

Hello, @victorm294!

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident with the WD HDD.
    I'd still advise to try that WD drive on another PC just in case, and see if it will get detected there, or if it even spins up. You also mentioned you checked all connections, but did you try connecting the WD drive with a different SATA cable?

If none of these worked, then recovering your data might be a lot more difficult. *Frown Recovering Data from HDD :(
    I'd suggest to turn to a professional data recovery, it also won't hurt to try what @RCoon suggested. However I'm not sure it's going to work, if the drive doesn't even spin up.
    Data recovery companies are costly indeed, but if your files are that important, I'm not sure you have any other choice.
    If the drive doesn't even spin up, we are most probably facing a physical damage from the power surge. This means you won't be able to fix it yourself. HDD physical repairs require a clean environment and technical knowledge of the HDD's structure and components.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with such a company and explain your situation, hopefully the repair will be affordable. Here's a list of all our data recovery partners worldwide: http://goo.gl/kkn4Vs

Just a tip: This is exactly why we recommend keeping backups offsite as well, power surges/system failures can result in such unpleasant situations. :/

I hope this helps you!
    And if you need further assistance or more information,
    I'd suggest to contact our tech support:
    http://goo.gl/BXehMx

Good luck, @victorm294!

P.S. Thank you for notifying me, @RCoon! *Smile Recovering Data from HDD :)

SuperSoph_WD, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Recovering Data from HDD

1. Recovering Data from HDD - Similar Threads - Recovering Data HDD

2. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  3. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  4. Need help recovering data on hdd

Need help recovering data on hdd: I recently installed the windows 21H1 update and I went to click on my common folder in steam D:Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common and it said folder is missing or moved. Now I cannot use any games in steam as the entire steam library is downloaded to there. It appears...
  5. Copy data from HDD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  6. Is it possible to recover my data from HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to recover my data from HDD: Hello all I wanted to change my windows 10 and I wanted to convert it to MBR from GPT but unfortunately in the command prompt I cleaned the whole disk Is it possible to recover the data from other partitions it's 1TB HDD Please help me submitted by /u/hard2resist [link]...
  7. Recovering from lost HDD

Recovering from lost HDD: Have lost the hard drive on my laptop and can no longer open Windows 10. If I replace the HDD with an SSD is it possible to reinstall Windows without purchasing a new version? Have read articles suggesting it is possible but don't want to waste money or time trying to...
  8. Recover Data from Laptop HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recover Data from Laptop HDD: Hello I have a Lenovo Laptop , with an internal HDD drive of 1 TB . Now i have a problem with it , it's no longer working , when i enter the BIOS setup to check , it shows me HDD ," not detected " , and sometimes yes " Detected " and i can see the name of my HDD. I...
  9. Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD: I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details: https://www.hddzone.com/mq01ubd100-toshiba-pcb-g3448a-p-3446.html. There is about 300GB of data on the disk and was working perfactley....
  10. Recover data from mac hdd using windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover data from mac hdd using windows: I apologise if this is in the wrong area but I have no idea where to post it. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect an HDD from a mac to my pc. My son in-laws MacBook just died (yes he is an apple snob but now he's stuffed) and he has info on it that he would like. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add ssd to hdd recovering a program