Windows 10: Recovering data in unallocated partitition due to Windows 10 download on external drive

Discus and support Recovering data in unallocated partitition due to Windows 10 download on external drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To Install Windows 10 on another PC, using Microsoft tool, I was prompted to use an external drive, After windows 10 was installed, I found out that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeeYaMak, Mar 15, 2021.

1. SeeYaMak Win User

Recovering data in unallocated partitition due to Windows 10 download on external drive

To Install Windows 10 on another PC, using Microsoft tool, I was prompted to use an external drive, After windows 10 was installed, I found out that my drive was partitioned and all of my back ups and precious years of data and pictures were all lost as now they were part of the unallocated partition.

Looking at disk management, I see the drive with the 32G FAT section Windows 10 as healthy Actibe, Primary and the rest as unalllocated 666.64G

I am told that the data is lost ? Is this true ?

and to recover it, I will need to have professional recovery of this unallocated partition.

Can anyone help me find a way to recover data from an external drive, in it's original format/files/locations ?

If not, this rendering of the original content/data of my external drive useless, without any up front warning/indication by MS that this might/will happen by simply uploading windows 10 is absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

SeeYaMak, Mar 15, 2021

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Hong Win User
    how to recover external hard drive from windows 10

I accidentally downloaded windows10 OS to my 1TB external hard drive, it formatted my hard drive and deleted all my important data.
    I have been reading some old thread related to this subject. follow as suggested to used MiniTool to scan the hard drive. the result came out with following. it didn't find missing partition therefore I didn't proceed to select partition then apply to recover.

ESD-USB (FRecovering data in unallocated partitition due to Windows 10 download on external drive :) 32.00 GB FAT 32
    unallocated 400+GB

does it mean that all my data is gone since there is no missing partition found?

I am running scan with MiniTool Power Data Recover tool as recommended from MiniTool Partition Wizard free. it will take about another 13 hrs to complete the scan.
    any suggestions/input are appreciated

any

4. NashOwens Win User

Recovering data in unallocated partitition due to Windows 10 download on external drive

Issue with my external drive

Well,you may still try a data recovery program to recover your data on hte hard drive.I have succeed to recover files from inaccessible external hard drive with Tenorshare Data Recovery.It can recover data after deeply scanning your hard drive to look for lost data due to drives crash, system sabotage, virus attack etc.You can get it here: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/datarecoverystandard.htm
    By the way,you can download it and scan your hard drive for free to preview whether your files can be recovered. *Cool Recovering data in unallocated partitition due to Windows 10 download on external drive :cool:

NashOwens, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Recovering data in unallocated partitition due to Windows 10 download on external drive - Similar Threads - Recovering data unallocated

2. Can I recover an unallocated disk without losing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I recover an unallocated disk without losing data?: Hi all! Need halp!I successfully ran a clean Windows 10 install from a flash drive. In my previous setup, I had a separate drive as my Desktop location D: which held my day to day files and photos etc. The idea being that all my apps and OS live on C: and D: would be my...
  3. Can I recover an unallocated disk without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover an unallocated disk without losing data?: Hi all! Need halp!I successfully ran a clean Windows 10 install from a flash drive. In my previous setup, I had a separate drive as my Desktop location D: which held my day to day files and photos etc. The idea being that all my apps and OS live on C: and D: would be my...
  4. Can I recover an unallocated disk without losing data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  6. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  7. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Unallocated Drive but don't want to lose the data

in Windows 10 Support
    Unallocated Drive but don't want to lose the data: After windows 10 last update my windows was corrupted and I could not find a fix. After hours of research and trying to find a way to fix my problem I decided reinstalling windows was the way to go. I have two internal drives. Drive C and Drive D. My drive C works fine and...
  9. Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD: I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details: https://www.hddzone.com/mq01ubd100-toshiba-pcb-g3448a-p-3446.html. There is about 300GB of data on the disk and was working perfactley....
  10. Recover unallocated space on data disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover unallocated space on data disk: I installed Windows 10 on a new PC, with OS on Samsung 950 PRO. For data disk, at this stage, I use a Samsung 840 PRO which I transferred from my old 8.1 PC. The data disk now shows in diskmanagment 351MB unallocated space, and 119 GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition). How...