Windows 10: Recovering edge chromium favorites

Discus and support Recovering edge chromium favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd. I recovered all my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by perfection, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Recovering edge chromium favorites

My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd.

I recovered all my data by a simple copy and paste.

I would like to know what file (maybe a db file) can I copy extract and replace to recover my favourites and possibly for saved passwords too?

I have a macrium image too from where I can extract files by mounting the image

Thanks very much

:)

perfection, Jun 21, 2020

2. Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, Jun 21, 2020
  3. graye Win User
    Edge Favorites disappear

Take a look at the answers to this similar question.... as it details how to recover your lost favorites and how to better protect them in the future

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rom-edge/2a94c853-b565-47d2-9e34-7d4a16006002

graye, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Recovering edge chromium favorites

Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Recovering edge chromium favorites

1. Recovering edge chromium favorites - Similar Threads - Recovering edge chromium

2. Stored Favorites/Bookmarks in Chromium Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Stored Favorites/Bookmarks in Chromium Edge: Windows 10 v. 21H1 Every site I visit states the following: You'll find the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) bookmarks/favourites over here: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Bookmarks ("Bookmarks" is the actual file). All is great until I get to...
  3. Edge Chromium Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Favorites: Could someone tell me when MS changed the way favorites are accessed in Edge Chromium. It used to be horizontal and now it's back to all vertical. I haven't seen any updates in the last few days, but it just changed overnight. 173585
  4. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  5. Recovering edge chromium favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering edge chromium favorites: My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd. I recovered all my data by a simple copy and paste. I would like to know what file (maybe a db file) can I copy extract and replace to recover...
  6. Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge: I have been using Edge Chromium Beta for some time now and all relevant favorites are now on that browser. I cannot find a way to export the favorites from the beta version so I can delete the old Edge favorites and import them into the new Edge that comes with build 2004....
  7. How do I delete the Chromium Edge 'other favorites'?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I delete the Chromium Edge 'other favorites'?: I just installed the Chromium Edge. I imported my bookmarks during the install process. I have a bookmark folder and an 'other favorites' folder. The option to delete the 'other favorites' is greyed out. Where is the folder located in Windows explorer, and can I delete it...
  8. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: Greetings, I am using the Edge Dev edition. I notice that the Stable edition is available. Two questions: -is there any advantage to moving to Stable? -if so, do I have to move my data, settings and extensions manually from Dev to Stable? Thanks, Graham 149521
  9. New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view: Hi folks - Have two systems that are running the new Edge. Imported my favorites for display in a horizontal line, but Edge keeps them under Bookmarks Toolbar and Other Favorites. I just want them to simply display in the bar (image below) horizontally. What am I doing...
  10. How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create...