Windows 10: recovering encrypted file

Discus and support recovering encrypted file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC was attacked by .coot ransomware, which encrypted all of my files. Is there any way to recover the files?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by azadlikhon, Nov 2, 2019.

1. recovering encrypted file

My PC was attacked by .coot ransomware, which encrypted all of my files. Is there any way to recover the files?

:)

azadlikhon, Nov 2, 2019

2. How to open recovered encrypted files

Hi Navid,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

You can lose access to encrypted files if you install a new operating system or upgrade your current one, or if your current operating system fails. The following steps can help you regain access to encrypted files.

As you have stated that, the recovered files belonged to the previous OS I would suggest that you transfer the encrypted files to an external drive and perform the steps mentioned below:

• Insert the USB that your certificate and key are saved on.
    • Open Certificate Manager open Run Command and type
      certmgr.msc
      in the dialog box, and then press Enter.‌

Note: If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, click Personal.

• Click the Action menu, point to All Tasks, and then click
      Import. This opens the Certificate Import wizard
      and then click Next.
    • Click Browse and navigate to the file's location, click
      Open, and then click Next.
    • If you have navigated to the right location but don't see the certificate you are importing, then, in the list next to the
      File name box, click Personal Information Exchange.
    • Type the password, select the Mark this key as exportable check box, and then click
      Next.
    • Click Place all certificates in the following store, confirm that the
      Personal store is indicated, click Next, and then click
      Finish.
    • After you import the certificate, you should have access to the encrypted files.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Nov 2, 2019
  4. recovering encrypted file

How to open recovered encrypted files

Hi Navid,

Thank you for responding.

I understand that you are facing difficulty in recovering the encrypted files without the certificates.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you tried to create an encryption for the files and folders?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code when you try to open these files/ folders?

Reply to the post with the required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

recovering encrypted file

1. recovering encrypted file - Similar Threads - recovering encrypted file

2. Recovering EFS encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering EFS encrypted files?: My Windows Laptop recently was damaged and I've had to replace it with a new similar machine. I am trying to recover some files from the original broken machine which are unfortunately not recently backed-up. Since the SSD C: drive from the old machine is undamaged and fully...
  3. Recovering EFS encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering EFS encrypted files?: My Windows Laptop recently was damaged and I've had to replace it with a new similar machine. I am trying to recover some files from the original broken machine which are unfortunately not recently backed-up. Since the SSD C: drive from the old machine is undamaged and fully...
  4. how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?: how to remove ransomewares?How to decrypt files encrypted by ransomeware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-ransomeware-encrypted-files/e7beee25-34f7-4ef1-8d45-e846e35763d4
  5. how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?

how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?: how to remove ransomewares?How to decrypt files encrypted by ransomeware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-ransomeware-encrypted-files/e7beee25-34f7-4ef1-8d45-e846e35763d4
  6. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover an encrypted file.: Through an act of folly on my part, I damaged my Windows 10 Pro OS. I was able to recover it to the factory settings. There is a file on an external hard drive which contains sensitive data so I encrypted it. The file is intact as it was protected from my error, but I cannot...
  7. How to recover an encrypted file.

How to recover an encrypted file.: Through an act of folly on my part, I damaged my Windows 10 Pro OS. I was able to recover it to the factory settings. There is a file on an external hard drive which contains sensitive data so I encrypted it. The file is intact as it was protected from my error, but I cannot...
  8. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware: Some of my files on Onedrive can't be opened due to being encrypted by ransomware. They've been added .iqll. It may be a kind of Offline Key infection as I've checked them using EmisoftMy Onedrive account is a 365 Education one. Are there any ways to recover/repair those...
  10. Recover encrypted files by virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover encrypted files by virus: Hello people. A friend of mine brought his computer to me to see if I am able to clear an encrypted mess done by a virus. Is it possible to recover that encrypted data? I know it may be almost impossible due to the lack of private key but I have an app called...