Windows 10: Recovering Files After a Clean Install

Discus and support Recovering Files After a Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I had to perform a clean install and am now "reassembling" my programs and files. Before cleaning my disk I used Windows File History to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sjh001, Dec 17, 2019.

1. sjh001 Win User

Recovering Files After a Clean Install

Recently I had to perform a clean install and am now "reassembling" my programs and files. Before cleaning my disk I used Windows File History to save my data on an external drive. I've searched for how to restore my files but anything I've found assumes that the backup was created by my current environment or they address earlier versions of Windows where the steps and descriptions they discuss do not reflect what I encounter when I try to follow them. My system is running release 1909. What's the procedure?

Also, I've already added some new data to the user files on my hard disk. Will the restore function overwrite this data when it transfers the old data from the external drive? Thank you...

:)

sjh001, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 17, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

DRDNA, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Recovering Files After a Clean Install - Similar Threads - Recovering Files Clean

2. Can I recover an unallocated disk's data after a clean Windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I recover an unallocated disk's data after a clean Windows install: Hi all! Need halp!I successfully ran a clean Windows 10 install from a flash drive. In my previous setup, I had a separate drive as my Desktop location D: which held my day to day files and photos etc. The idea being that all my apps and OS live on C: and D: would be my...
  3. how to recover files after clean install?

how to recover files after clean install?: Hi, I am a new employee who did a clean install of Windows 10 due to work circumstances, in which I needed to use Internet Explorer daily in order to get some report. That certain website can only be used in IE, at my first day, the pc was already upgraded to Windows 11....
  4. how to recover files after clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover files after clean install?: Hi, I am a new employee who did a clean install of Windows 10 due to work circumstances, in which I needed to use Internet Explorer daily in order to get some report. That certain website can only be used in IE, at my first day, the pc was already upgraded to Windows 11....
  5. how to recover files after clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cant acces files after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant acces files after clean install: I reinstalled WIN 10 a couple of weeks ago and now im realising a lot of files on my D: drive cant be opened anymore. When i try to copy them I get: " an unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file error 0x80070780 ". These are Renoise project files .xrns which i...
  7. Recovering files from Documents, Pictures, Etc after Clean install

Recovering files from Documents, Pictures, Etc after Clean install: So my friend had a laptop that has a Infinite Automatic startup repair which he had 2 days ago and he decided to reinstall everything. He didn't do what most people do, which is searching on the internet and check if somebody actually had the same problem and actually...
  8. recovering files after a clean install

recovering files after a clean install: hey everyone, I am trying to recover some files after my computer crashed and I installed windows 10 thereafter. Could you please suggest a good method/software ideally free or not too expensive to help me with this?...
  9. Clean Install then Recover Backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clean Install then Recover Backup?: Long story sort I kind of messed up my GPT partition table. I have backed up an image of my Boot partition only (C:\) and not any other partitions such as bootloader etc... So my question is, would I be able to start all over, re-format the drive from Win10 installation...
  10. After a clean install

After a clean install: I'm planning on a clean install of Win 10 to a new SSD. There's good info on that process in the forum....but I can't find out how to handle the old C: drive when a new C: (SSD) appears. I understand that when installing I should unplug all the drives except the SSD and the...