Windows 10: recovering files from a disastrous update.

Discus and support recovering files from a disastrous update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Everybody. I was wondering if anyone could instruct me in how to recover lost files I suffered during a recent Windows 10 update. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonChapman5, Sep 6, 2019.

1. recovering files from a disastrous update.

Hello Everybody.

I was wondering if anyone could instruct me in how to recover lost files I suffered during a recent Windows 10 update. I have been told this is a common problem and that it is fixable.

However, all I can find to aid me is software I have to pay for. There must be some way I can do all this myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

Jason Chapman

:)

JasonChapman5, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Sep 6, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Sep 6, 2019
  4. recovering files from a disastrous update.

Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

recovering files from a disastrous update.

1. recovering files from a disastrous update. - Similar Threads - recovering files disastrous

2. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  3. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  4. Recovering Windows from EFI file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Windows from EFI file: For a few days I have not been able to access my laptop with Windows 10. It all happened after a hard reboot I did because it was unresponsive, after which it started a disk checkup which I couldn't skip.After a few more hard reboots and me allowing the disk checkup to...
  5. Disastrous diagnosis of wifi problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disastrous diagnosis of wifi problems in Windows 10: Hello,For about 3 months I have been facing a rather strange phenomenon: one day the wifi staff goes crazy. What does it mean ? When the PC starts, it activates, remains operational for 10 ... 30 min, then deactivates. Sometimes I can reactivate it on by running the wifi...
  6. Cannot recover files from File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot recover files from File History: My last backup using Windows Backup may have run out of disk space. There was no error message, however. Files were set to be kept "forever". That is not needed and I will change that setting in the future. I have done several backups using File History already to this...
  7. Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network

in Windows 10 News
    Disastrous Windows 10 update breaks File Explorer, printer, network: Microsoft has again managed to release a serious of problematic updates for Windows 10 that have caused serious problems for some users. The bugs in Windows 10’s October Patch include Blue Screen of Death, broken File Explorer, printer disconnection bug, and network issues....
  8. Recovering files from a Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering files from a Windows 10 Update: I had a forced update and when I came back to my laptop all my files were gone. I then went digging through my drive and found my files from C:/Users/"computername". Is there any easy way to move everything that's in that file into my default folders without having to copy...
  9. Disastrous 'October update'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disastrous 'October update': Windows Update has just now decided (27 Mar 2019) to apply the October Update. Quelle domage!!! It has screwed up my desktop, removing many icons and, worse, has removed all my system restore points so that I cannot restore to an earlier time and recover the missing icons,...
  10. Recover files from Media locker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover files from Media locker: I have kept some files in median locker apps and all of sudden all deleted mistakenly. I have not uninstall that apps. Now how would I get those files back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-files-from-media-locker/9cbbb72e-4734-4b40-bb51-09ca45125f9a