Windows 10: recovering files from a formatted drive

Discus and support recovering files from a formatted drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the best and cheapest software to recover files from a formatted usb hard drive (WD Elements) 89011 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kingrollo, Jul 14, 2017.

1. kingrollo Win User

recovering files from a formatted drive

What is the best and cheapest software to recover files from a formatted usb hard drive (WD Elements)

:)

kingrollo, Jul 14, 2017
  2. ishaqA Win User

Recover files from formatted drive.

I think my E: drive got accidentally formatted and i have lost my work files, is there any chances for me retrieve all those "WORK FILES"

ishaqA, Jul 14, 2017
  3. ishaqA Win User
    Recover files from formatted drive.

Will it support all kind of files like .Psd indesign .Ai

ishaqA, Jul 14, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Jul 14, 2017
  5. kingrollo Win User
    OK - Have downloaded from that link - I don't see any options to unformat - just file recovery and that is limited amount of data. Any other suggestions anyone ?

Also the error occurred when I was making a bootable windows usb stick. I thought I had selected the pen drive but had selected my HDD - so I haven't used the format command - But I am guessing thats what the microsoft creation tool did....

kingrollo, Jul 16, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Jul 17, 2017
  7. kingrollo Win User
    Well the drive was 2tb - I now I can only see system files relating the bootable windows 10 that I actually created - if the whole drive hasn't been formatted how do I recover \ see my files

kingrollo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. recovering files from a formatted drive - Similar Threads - recovering files formatted

2. About winfr command to recover files from formatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About winfr command to recover files from formatted hard drive: I use the winfr command with /r /x options to restore files from a formatted hard drive.The lost files had been successfully restored, but the folder structure cannot be restored.Is there any suggestion about this issue? Thanks,...
  3. About winfr command to recover files from formatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About winfr command to recover files from formatted hard drive: I use the winfr command with /r /x options to restore files from a formatted hard drive.The lost files had been successfully restored, but the folder structure cannot be restored.Is there any suggestion about this issue? Thanks,...
  4. Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?: I tried to create a "new pool and storage space" using my external hard drive. After my external drive and all of the files in it disappeared from my computer, I retraced my steps to see the warning "The following drives might contain files. If you use a formatted drive with...
  5. Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?: I tried to create a "new pool and storage space" using my external hard drive. After my external drive and all of the files in it disappeared from my computer, I retraced my steps to see the warning "The following drives might contain files. If you use a formatted drive with...
  6. Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Recover formated device files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover formated device files: Can I can recover some files from my c drive which I formatted Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-formated-device-files/b7807110-d05b-45ca-aff8-0d65864b7b9e
  8. Recover Formatted Drive

Recover Formatted Drive: We say "it can never happen to me", until it does...the unthinkable!!! I have a WD external 1tb backup drive that has my families archive on it. Everything. 20 years worth of backups. This is the cruel, cruel ironic part of this tragic tale - I got a second WD external...
  9. Recovering Files From DVD Formatted For Random Access

Recovering Files From DVD Formatted For Random Access: I have a mini DVD disc 1.3GB I think? that had data on it. When I inserted it Windows asked if I wanted to format it for random access Is that the right term? and like a BOZO I said I did. I knew my mistake as soon as I started the process. I canceled out of the process...
  10. Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition: I have a laptop running both Mac OSX and Windows 10. When running Mac OSX, I wanted to create a bootable OSX USB installer, unfortunately I selected my Windows drive during the process. Mac OSX formatted it to Mac file system, and wrote 6GB of data on it (the installer data)....