Windows 10: Recovering files from a Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Recovering files from a Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a forced update and when I came back to my laptop all my files were gone. I then went digging through my drive and found my files from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SushiNova, Oct 5, 2019.

1. SushiNova Win User

Recovering files from a Windows 10 Update

I had a forced update and when I came back to my laptop all my files were gone. I then went digging through my drive and found my files from C:/Users/"computername". Is there any easy way to move everything that's in that file into my default folders without having to copy and paste everything. Also when I download files will they automatically go to the default download folder?

:)

SushiNova, Oct 5, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Recovering files from a Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Recovering files Update

2. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  3. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  4. Recovering Windows from EFI file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Windows from EFI file: For a few days I have not been able to access my laptop with Windows 10. It all happened after a hard reboot I did because it was unresponsive, after which it started a disk checkup which I couldn't skip.After a few more hard reboots and me allowing the disk checkup to...
  5. Recovering Windows from EFI file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Windows from EFI file: For a few days I have not been able to access my laptop with Windows 10. It all happened after a hard reboot I did because it was unresponsive, after which it started a disk checkup which I couldn't skip.After a few more hard reboots and me allowing the disk checkup to...
  6. Recovering Windows from EFI file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovering Windows from EFI file: For a few days I have not been able to access my PC with Windows 10. It all happened after a hard reboot I did because it was unresponsive, after which it started a disk checkup which I couldn't skip.After a few more hard reboots and me allowing the disk checkup to continue,...
  7. Cannot recover files from File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot recover files from File History: My last backup using Windows Backup may have run out of disk space. There was no error message, however. Files were set to be kept "forever". That is not needed and I will change that setting in the future. I have done several backups using File History already to this...
  8. How to recover deleted files from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover deleted files from Windows 10: I deleted my files accidentally. Now I am trying to recover those files back. is there any tool to get them back. 140552
  9. recovering files from a disastrous update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovering files from a disastrous update.: Hello Everybody. I was wondering if anyone could instruct me in how to recover lost files I suffered during a recent Windows 10 update. I have been told this is a common problem and that it is fixable. However, all I can find to aid me is software I have to pay for. There...
  10. Is it Possible to Recover Files from Windows 8->8->10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it Possible to Recover Files from Windows 8->8->10?: Hi, My boyfriend was running a bootlegged version of Windows 8. I reinstalled his Windows to a legitimate version of Windows 8 so that he could get the free upgrade upgrade to Windows 10. When we went from Windows 8-->Windows 8, the only option the installer gave us...