Windows 10: Recovering files from a Windows boot drive?

Discus and support Recovering files from a Windows boot drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am currently running a Windows 10 desktop. having a lot of trouble with recovering files from my old IDE hard drive. I have a IDE to USB adapter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveRice_420, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Recovering files from a Windows boot drive?

I am currently running a Windows 10 desktop. having a lot of trouble with recovering files from my old IDE hard drive. I have a IDE to USB adapter. But, when I connect it all, the drive does not show up in the file explorer. I have been told that I am having trouble because, it is a Windows boot drive. It did come out of my old computer that ran Windows Vista. How do I get the files from it?

:)

SteveRice_420, Jan 26, 2021
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Recovering files from a Windows boot drive?

1. Recovering files from a Windows boot drive? - Similar Threads - Recovering files boot

2. Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot: Hello all,I have the hard disk from my grandmother’s old DELL Inspiron 530s, which ran Windows Vista. However, that computer did die due to a dead clock battery and power supply, but I recovered the hard disk. Because it is a SATA hard disk, I was able to plug it into my HP...
  3. Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot: Hello all,I have the hard disk from my grandmother’s old DELL Inspiron 530s, which ran Windows Vista. However, that computer did die due to a dead clock battery and power supply, but I recovered the hard disk. Because it is a SATA hard disk, I was able to plug it into my HP...
  4. Recover from a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover from a drive: If we choose keep my files delete all the drive files or restore only c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-from-a-drive/36794fec-ebb9-4b0c-afb5-70764e93f598
  5. Recover from a drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover from a drive: If we choose keep my files delete all the drive files or restore only c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-from-a-drive/36794fec-ebb9-4b0c-afb5-70764e93f598
  6. Boot using old hard drive to recover files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Boot using old hard drive to recover files: Hi guys,I have an ACER Aspire E1-572G Laptop.It is installed with Original windows 8.1 and was upgraded to W10 Home.Recently i sent the laptop for repair.So, the tech take out my 1 TB HDD untouched and put new 250 GB SSD and install new windows in it.Afterwards i personally...
  7. How to recover missing file from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover missing file from one drive: Hi, i have saved few files a year 10-11 months ago however it went missing. is there any way to recover it? it was not show in recycle bin either, although i did not delete it....
  8. Recover files from encrypted SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files from encrypted SSD drive?: Hi . Is there any way or trick to recover files from SSD encrypted drive? Encryption from bitlocker on it self , due changing in the bios! So i have super important files in that drive ! Please any help?...
  9. Recovering Windows from a Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering Windows from a Drive: I've recently created a recovery drive for my windows 10 on my usb and i was wondering that when i select the option of "Recover from a drive" under Troubleshooting menu after booting from the Recovery USB, will my whole HDD get formatted when windows reinstalls? And also...
  10. recovering files from a formatted drive

in Windows 10 Support
    recovering files from a formatted drive: What is the best and cheapest software to recover files from a formatted usb hard drive (WD Elements) 89011