Windows 10: Recovering files from corrupted User Account?

Discus and support Recovering files from corrupted User Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to get my in-laws laptop back up and running. It's so painfully slow to boot / load anything, and for some reason the start menu won't even... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by b3nb123, Dec 10, 2018.

1. b3nb123 Win User

Recovering files from corrupted User Account?

I'm trying to get my in-laws laptop back up and running. It's so painfully slow to boot / load anything, and for some reason the start menu won't even pop up (Though thankfully the run command appears quite quickly with a Win+R!)

Every time I log in it says it couldn't log in to my account. So all the music, photos and documents directories show as empty. Seems it's giving me a temporary profile.
    So I've gone in to the Registry Editor, here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    found one of the profiles has .bak after it, and renamed it back so the correct profile is now listed. (As described here: [FIXED] We cant sign into your account. Windows 10 Temporary Profile Issue - YouTube
    Problem is, the next time it reboots it does exactly the same thing.

Is there any way of pulling the files out of this user's directories? Perhaps if I pulled the drive and just plugged it in as an external drive?
    I've got no problem wiping this whole machine and starting again, looks like that's exactly what it needs, providing I can pull the photos and music collection from it to restore when I'm done!

Any help appreciated!

:)

b3nb123, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 10, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovering files from corrupted User Account? - Similar Threads - Recovering files corrupted

2. The files that I recovered are corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The files that I recovered are corrupted.: Hi guys, I am new to this forum but right now I am having a major problem. I reset my pc recently but there were some video files that I forgot to backup. I managed to recover them using a data recovery tool "recuva" but now I cannot play these videos and whenever I try to...
  3. The files that I recovered are corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The files that I recovered are corrupted.: Hi guys, I am new to this forum but right now I am having a major problem. I reset my pc recently but there were some video files that I forgot to backup. I managed to recover them using a data recovery tool "recuva" but now I cannot play these videos and whenever I try to...
  4. how to recover corrupt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover corrupt file: how to recover corrupt file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-corrupt-file/55f33777-c6f1-4516-815c-560211f847d2
  5. User account corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account corrupted: After I login to my PC the taskbar doesn't seems to contain any apps. All I could see are few icons like documents. The start menu doesn't even start. When I clicked on the start menu it says there is a critical problem with my account and tells to log out. It further says...
  6. Recover corrupted files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recover corrupted files: I was editing some files in visual studio and then my pc shut down unexpectedly. After turning my pc on again, I tried to open those files but they don't show any text in notepad. But the size of the file in explorer indicates their is still content in them. Is there a way I...
  7. Temporary Internet Files Corrupt on User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temporary Internet Files Corrupt on User Account: I spent the better part of the day on this yesterday, so I'm hoping this doesn't have a stupid answer. I have the issue with my temporary internet files being corrupt. It does not show a file location and won't scroll past 10 on the "disk space to use", and never saves any...
  8. Cannot recover files from a deleted user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot recover files from a deleted user account: I deleted my original administrator account. I selected the "yes" to keep my files and it said that it will appear as a folder in my desktop. The laptop screen proceeded to hang for a really long time so I had to restart it because it was almost 30 minutes with the frozen...
  9. Recover files from a deleted user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files from a deleted user account: I found I needed to delete a user account from my system. Now I'm using an alternate user account (administrator) but I find several files are not complete or not accessible. When I try to open some files I'm told I don't have permission to open this file even though this...
  10. Corrupted User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupted User Account?: Hi everyone. My first post here. I know enough about Windows to be dangerous, but not enough to solve this problem. I have only one user account on my laptop. Windows 10, 64 bit Asus UX305. My Pictures folder is now in my saved games folder, and I don't know why. A...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recover files from a corrupted account

2. windows microsoft account corrupted

3. windows user folder corrupted