Windows 10: Recovering files from Documents, Pictures, Etc after Clean install

Discus and support Recovering files from Documents, Pictures, Etc after Clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my friend had a laptop that has a Infinite Automatic startup repair which he had 2 days ago and he decided to reinstall everything. He didn't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrDokka, Apr 4, 2020.

1. DrDokka Win User

Recovering files from Documents, Pictures, Etc after Clean install

So my friend had a laptop that has a Infinite Automatic startup repair which he had 2 days ago and he decided to reinstall everything.

He didn't do what most people do, which is searching on the internet and check if somebody actually had the same problem and actually solved the problem without reinstall, so he reinstall his laptop with Windows 10 and decided to do a clean install.

Is there any point for him to recovering his files after he does that?

Because in my experience, recovering file from a complete clean install is impossible without the help of another 3rd-party apps which is pretty risky.

:)

DrDokka, Apr 4, 2020
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Apr 4, 2020
  3. .Recover shredded document in Word

Hi Janice,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Open word application and click the File tab.
    2. Click on Info > Manage Document >
      Recover Unsaved Documents.
    3. A list of unsaved files are shown.
    4. Look for the file try opening and saving it.

You can also refer to
    Back up and restore your files
    under the section Restore your files for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 4, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Recovering files from Documents, Pictures, Etc after Clean install - Similar Threads - Recovering files Documents

2. how to recover files after clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to recover files after clean install?: Hi, I am a new employee who did a clean install of Windows 10 due to work circumstances, in which I needed to use Internet Explorer daily in order to get some report. That certain website can only be used in IE, at my first day, the pc was already upgraded to Windows 11....
  3. how to recover files after clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover files after clean install?: Hi, I am a new employee who did a clean install of Windows 10 due to work circumstances, in which I needed to use Internet Explorer daily in order to get some report. That certain website can only be used in IE, at my first day, the pc was already upgraded to Windows 11....
  4. how to recover files after clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost music, picture, documents, etc.: Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were...
  6. Recovering Files After a Clean Install

Recovering Files After a Clean Install: Recently I had to perform a clean install and am now "reassembling" my programs and files. Before cleaning my disk I used Windows File History to save my data on an external drive. I've searched for how to restore my files but anything I've found assumes that the backup was...
  7. recovering files after a clean install

recovering files after a clean install: hey everyone, I am trying to recover some files after my computer crashed and I installed windows 10 thereafter. Could you please suggest a good method/software ideally free or not too expensive to help me with this?...
  8. sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc: Hi I have the latest october build on my PC brand new install. In one drive I have told it not to sync desktop/documents However my documents/desktop/picture folder all have a little sync icon on, and every file within them does as well. I have checked under 'show...
  9. Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed: [img] Guys, how to separate the folders of documents, pictures, videos, desktop, etc? I kinda made a bade move on merging them. Thanks for the help. 72077
  10. File Explorer not directing to right folder - Documents, Pictures etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not directing to right folder - Documents, Pictures etc.: (Apologies if this is in the wrong place, or has been answered before! I couldn't find anything on the same issue.) Hello! I recently got a new gaming laptop and it's been working like a charm, especially since I upgraded it to 10. I am having a problem with my libraries...