Windows 10: Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot

Discus and support Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all,I have the hard disk from my grandmother’s old DELL Inspiron 530s, which ran Windows Vista. However, that computer did die due to a dead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anton Lando, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot

Hello all,I have the hard disk from my grandmother’s old DELL Inspiron 530s, which ran Windows Vista. However, that computer did die due to a dead clock battery and power supply, but I recovered the hard disk. Because it is a SATA hard disk, I was able to plug it into my HP ProDesk 600 tower system’s SATA slot. I turned off the computer and plugged in the second hard disk and booted it up. I then got to the “Windows Error Recovery” screen and chose “Start Windows Normally.” The computer flashed the Vista loading bar for one second and crashed back to “Error Recovery.” When I boot into “Startup

:)

Anton Lando, Apr 1, 2023
  2. Suupala Win User

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Apr 1, 2023
  3. MiST91 Win User
    Best software to recover files from formatted Hard Disk

Hi all, whats the best software available to recover deleted files from a formatted hard disk?
    i am asking because there are lots of crappy file recovery softwares that really dont work.

MiST91, Apr 1, 2023
  4. Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot

How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot

1. Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot - Similar Threads - Recovering Files Vista

2. Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Files from Windows Vista hard disk- will not boot: Hello all,I have the hard disk from my grandmother’s old DELL Inspiron 530s, which ran Windows Vista. However, that computer did die due to a dead clock battery and power supply, but I recovered the hard disk. Because it is a SATA hard disk, I was able to plug it into my HP...
  3. Recovering hard disk drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering hard disk drives: I recently performed the media-creation process for Windows 10 on my hard disk drive by accidentI had a USB plugged in at the same time and I messed up the names. There's over 900+ gigabytes of files and folders in there that's extremely important to me. I have tried the...
  4. How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10: How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10 . the computer is recognizing the HDD with a Drive Letter but display error "not accessable" and ask for it to be reformatted....
  5. Recovering files from a Windows boot drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering files from a Windows boot drive?: I am currently running a Windows 10 desktop. having a lot of trouble with recovering files from my old IDE hard drive. I have a IDE to USB adapter. But, when I connect it all, the drive does not show up in the file explorer. I have been told that I am having trouble because,...
  6. Booting Windows 10 from external hard disk

Booting Windows 10 from external hard disk: Greetings. I have a laptop (Predator Helios 300) with Windows 10 (Home, upgraded to Pro with Win7 key) installation that I like to keep clean. From time to time I will have to find a new piece of software for certain task. Normally I would start by trying out programs from...
  7. Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk: Hi, Need urgent support. My laptop which i had installed Windows 10 original and key is dead/ I have lost my CD and the cover too. Since the laptop is not switching ON and not working, i rem0ved the Hard Disk. so now i have that Hard drive as an External Disk. But how can i...
  8. Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk: 1. My original hard disk got bad sectors and won't boot. Tried to run recovery options but did not work 2. Cloned it to new disk of same size using Macrium Reflect Free 3. Now can't boot from the cloned disk. 4. Used Windows Bootable USB Media created using Windows Media...
  9. Is it possible to boot Windows from an external hard disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to boot Windows from an external hard disk?: My buddy recently bought a new PC and needs help installing Windows. Since my 8gb USB stick is broken, I can't use it anymore. Is it also possible with an external hard drive? And is it enough to use the free tool from Microsoft? Kann man die Windows von externer Festplatte...
  10. Recovering my hard disk

Recovering my hard disk: When creating a USB windows install disk, I confuse my hard disk to mu USB stick and I lost all my data. I have already used Womdersahe recoverit, and easus data recovery. Each has performed recovery, but no file is openable. Can someone help me please?...