Windows 10: Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker encrypted drive with a deleted boot manager

Discus and support Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker encrypted drive with a deleted boot manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, yeah my entire boot manager partition was deleted so I am looking for help recovering my data and getting the boot manager back, without a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LucaRicardo, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker encrypted drive with a deleted boot manager

So, yeah my entire boot manager partition was deleted so I am looking for help recovering my data and getting the boot manager back, without a full re-installation, because that will destroy all other partitions on my hardrive

:)

LucaRicardo, Oct 10, 2020

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 10, 2020
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 10, 2020
  4. HairyFool Win User

Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker encrypted drive with a deleted boot manager

Accidently Deleted Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

The link above goes to a news web site not the M3 site.

However on the M3 site note the following caveat

"If you formatted Bitlocker drive using format tool built-in Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, there is no way to recover data from formatted Bitlocker encrypted drive, because Bitlocker metadata has been erased after formatting under Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10.

If you formatted Bitlocker drive using other OS or other method, please download and try M3 Bitlocker Recovery to recover data from formatted Bitlocker encrypted drive as long as Bitlocker metadata is intact."

HairyFool, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker encrypted drive with a deleted boot manager

1. Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker encrypted drive with a deleted boot manager - Similar Threads - Recovering fixing install

2. BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?: I'm running Win11 Pro, everything is up to date and I was encrypting a 1tb SSD boot drive. I decided to enable BitLocker on my boot drive. While enabling it I received a message saying that it may slow the computer down while using it. "No big deal" I thought, since I was...
  3. BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?: I'm running Win11 Pro, everything is up to date and I was encrypting a 1tb SSD boot drive. I decided to enable BitLocker on my boot drive. While enabling it I received a message saying that it may slow the computer down while using it. "No big deal" I thought, since I was...
  4. Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives: Dear Community,I've used disk partitions over my pre loaded home edition window. By default i've received one C drive but after disk partition now it was three drives. Today i've reinstall the window but now big issue occur, I can access only one C drive other two devices...
  5. Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives

Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives: Dear Community,I've used disk partitions over my pre loaded home edition window. By default i've received one C drive but after disk partition now it was three drives. Today i've reinstall the window but now big issue occur, I can access only one C drive other two devices...
  6. Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition: HiI had a drive partition "E" encrypted with BitLocker. My laptop broke and I had to swap the disk on a new laptop. Is there any way to recover data from that encrypted partition?It shows as an empty partition on the new laptop and I can also add more data to it, I don't know...
  7. Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition

Recovering BitLocker encrypted partition: HiI had a drive partition "E" encrypted with BitLocker. My laptop broke and I had to swap the disk on a new laptop. Is there any way to recover data from that encrypted partition?It shows as an empty partition on the new laptop and I can also add more data to it, I don't know...
  8. Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker drive and broken/deleted boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering/fixing install with bitlocker drive and broken/deleted boot manager: Long story short: I've been using Linux in dual boot for almost 2 years and I misspelled a grub installation command and it overwrote the Windows boot manager. So I'm searching for a way to recover my data and reinstall the windows boot manager without overwriting the Linux...
  9. recovering data from bitlocker encrypted drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recovering data from bitlocker encrypted drive?: submitted by /u/Hamm103 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjra4n/recovering_data_from_bitlocker_encrypted_drive/
  10. Use BitLocker Repair Tool to Recover Encrypted Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use BitLocker Repair Tool to Recover Encrypted Drive in Windows: How to: Use BitLocker Repair Tool to Recover Encrypted Drive in Windows How to Use BitLocker Repair Tool to Recover Encrypted Drive in Windows [img] Information When you sign in to Windows. When you automatically unlock when connected. When you automatically...