Windows 10: Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup

Discus and support Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran the disk clean up last night. I must have deleted a VERY IMPORTANT folder. There's no file restore or system restore points either for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vande36, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Vande36 Win User

Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup

I ran the disk clean up last night. I must have deleted a VERY IMPORTANT folder. There's no file restore or system restore points either for some reason. I'm freaking out. I REALLY REALLY need that folder and the contents inside back.

I've tried EaseUS Data Recovery and Recuva to find it and no dice.

What can I do?

:)

Vande36, Feb 27, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I Suggest you to take ownership of the folder and attempt to delete the contents of the folder, I recommend you to try the below steps:

Step 1:

Follow the steps listed in
    Access Denied
    or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Step 2:

Check for the article
    Disk cleanup
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup

Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup

1. Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup - Similar Threads - Recovering Folder Files

2. Disk Cleanup: Thumbnail File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup: Thumbnail File: Question: I use Disk Cleanup to periodically keep my files clean. I notice that a file called Thumbnail keeps growing in size each day and I have to run Disk Cleanup on regular basis to keep this file from growing larger and larger! How can I prevent this problem?...
  3. recover files deleted by disc cleanup

recover files deleted by disc cleanup: I didn't notice the new function in Windows10 that includes downloads in the list of files that are OK to delete. Disc cleanup deleted all my downloaded files. How can I get them back?...
  4. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  5. Recover files at Download due to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files at Download due to Disk Cleanup: Dear all, Is that any possible way to recover the document that located on the download folder. I clean it during the disk cleanup. It was suck when I update to the latest version of the windows. Why put the "download" folder into the disk cleanup I have try baseus,...
  6. Is it possible to recover documents (that were in folders) after disk cleanup? If so, how?

Is it possible to recover documents (that were in folders) after disk cleanup? If so, how?: Someone posing as an expert recommended recuva program in another post w/ the same question. That downloaded a Trojan virus that was caught and removed by antivirus program. Do NOT use Recuva! TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfuse.EV!ams SEVERE|Detected with Windows Defender...
  7. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup: I'm not aware that in newer version of Windows 10 (i don't know in what particular update) that they included in Disk clean up the deletion of Download files. And now i can't recover anymore my files even using any recovery tools. I already downloaded many files in download...
  8. Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup - downloads folder: Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes... [img] 122195
  9. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...
  10. Disk cleanup left the Windows.old folder

Disk cleanup left the Windows.old folder: Title. I can't get rid of it. It has survived me doing the disk cleanup twice now as well as reboots (figured it was just stuck visually in the file manager). How can I get rid of it. 20068

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recover files from download folder after disk clean up

2. recovery disk cleanup download folder