Windows 10: Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

Discus and support Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since, I think, the last Windows Update, moving the mouse to recover from sleep or pressing power button to recover from hibernate, brings up a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MIkew365, Mar 3, 2019.

1. MIkew365 Win User

Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

Since, I think, the last Windows Update, moving the mouse to recover from sleep or pressing power button to recover from hibernate, brings up a fresh and quite pleasant picture. Sometimes I click, or double click and it brings up the Windows "Sign In" box which I click and off we go. Sometimes though, despite much clicking, it refuses to bring up sign in box unless I press Ctrl Alt Del.
    Prior to updates, I moved the mouse and, within a few seconds, my desktop appeared. No annoying (nice) picture.

My question is, can I stop this happening and recover from sleep or hibernate without the picture?

Thanks,

Mike W

:)

MIkew365, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Yo_Wattup Win User
    sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

1. Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep - Similar Threads - Recovering Hibernate Sleep

2. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  3. Sleep & Hibernate missing from Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep & Hibernate missing from Windows: My m/c is a custom build by a well known company. It was built with flight sim software as its main purpose. When it was built it was set up without the "Sleep" & "Hibernate" functions available, or visible, in Windows. I was told it was for stability reasons & that the only...
  4. Laptops not switching from Sleep to Hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptops not switching from Sleep to Hibernation: Title says it all basically. It started with my Gaming Laptop first (XMG Fusion 15). If i close the lid, the laptop should normally go to sleep for a certain amount of time and after that switch to hibernation due to saving battery. My other laptop (Dell Inspiron 13 5378) now...
  5. Windows 10 does not recover from Hibernation

Windows 10 does not recover from Hibernation: My Hibernation file is set for 100% RAM. I select hibernation and system shows a "locking" screen for a moment and turns off. But when I switch it back on, it does a normal boot. It does not go back to before hibernation. And event viewer does not have record of...
  6. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  7. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...
  8. BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate: Hello! I have BSODs after waking my computer up. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8.1. Waking from hibernate generates Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. Waking from sleep generates mostly IRQ NOT EQUAL. Could you please help? Thanks! 41620
  9. Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't wakeup from sleep or hibernation: Tried hard reset. Still getting single blinking light after several tries. What else can I try? How do I know if the battery is charging? Thanks 73683
  10. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576