Windows 10: Recovering from lost HDD

Discus and support Recovering from lost HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have lost the hard drive on my laptop and can no longer open Windows 10. If I replace the HDD with an SSD is it possible to reinstall Windows without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chadcoleman4, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Recovering from lost HDD

Have lost the hard drive on my laptop and can no longer open Windows 10.

If I replace the HDD with an SSD is it possible to reinstall Windows without purchasing a new version? Have read articles suggesting it is possible but don't want to waste money or time trying to salvage a laptop if I need to purchase a new version of Windows. However, if it is possible, where can I find clear instructions on how to do so?

Thank you!

:)

Chadcoleman4, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ashesh Win User

Lost Partitions on HDD with HDD regenerator

Hey! thanks for the response!, i tried running Sea Tools and i have interesting results,

SMART Test - PASS

But the most interesting part is that, i have a "mount" program in Sea tools, so when i mount sda2, sda3,sda4
    then when i go to /mnt/sda2, /mnt/sda3 and /mnt/sda4, i can see all of my data there!! all the files, all the folders, just as they were..

I can even read the contents of text files (using cat command).. so it seems my data + paritions are there but then why am i facing this terrible issue ? *Sad(

Recovering from lost HDD [​IMG]

also regarding backups, i am sorry i have none *Sad, actually this 2tb hdd was itself my storehouse.. rip (i hope not)

Mount tool:

Recovering from lost HDD [​IMG]

So DISKPART can show all my partitions and volumes properly
    and in Seatools , i can mount all partitions and List and read all my files and folders without any issues..
    so what should be my next step :/ i don't wanna mess this up

Ashesh, Sep 16, 2020
  3. figgirigh Win User
    How to recover the lost messages?

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.
    2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
    3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
    4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
    5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
    These are the steps from which you can get the lost information back. And if your information not recovered again then it might be severe problem .In this case you have to go for recovery software to get your dbx files data back. I can refer you a link which can surely help you to get your lost data back. Try
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...tlook-express/

figgirigh, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Recovering from lost HDD

HDD LOST

Hi,

We suggest you to check this article on
    how to recover lost or deleted files

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Recovering from lost HDD

1. Recovering from lost HDD - Similar Threads - Recovering lost HDD

2. Is it possible to recover my data from HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to recover my data from HDD: Hello all I wanted to change my windows 10 and I wanted to convert it to MBR from GPT but unfortunately in the command prompt I cleaned the whole disk Is it possible to recover the data from other partitions it's 1TB HDD Please help me submitted by /u/hard2resist [link]...
  3. Recovering Files From Lost Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Files From Lost Partition: I forgot to backup my files before installing the windows multimedia tool to my external drive. I tried running recuva but it can't see the "lost partition" . My system sees my 930gb drive as 31.9gb and recuva only scans 31.9gb. Please help....
  4. Recover Data from Laptop HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recover Data from Laptop HDD: Hello I have a Lenovo Laptop , with an internal HDD drive of 1 TB . Now i have a problem with it , it's no longer working , when i enter the BIOS setup to check , it shows me HDD ," not detected " , and sometimes yes " Detected " and i can see the name of my HDD. I...
  5. Recover Product Key from dead HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Product Key from dead HDD: Hi, Recently, my laptop had a motherboard isuue that lead to the death of my PC. Almost every component is damaged, I brought the laptop in a PC repair shop but they couldn't do anything. We tried to recover at least the HDD, without success. I'm currently building a new...
  6. Recovering Data from HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  7. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering system settings from previous HDD: Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive. I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the...
  8. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering system settings from previous HDD: Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive. I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the...
  9. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Lost hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost hdd: Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view...