Windows 10: Recovering from unrecognized PIN for user account tied to gmail

Discus and support Recovering from unrecognized PIN for user account tied to gmail in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm wondering if there is a better way to recover from this situation. A neighbor asked for my help. He uses a HP AMD based all in one computer that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by n2ubp, Dec 22, 2019.

1. n2ubp Win User

Recovering from unrecognized PIN for user account tied to gmail

I'm wondering if there is a better way to recover from this situation.

A neighbor asked for my help.
    He uses a HP AMD based all in one computer that came with Windows 8.1 and years ago upgraded to Windows 10.
    He uses a PIN to logon.
    His Windows account is based on his gmail e-mail address.
    Last week Windows performed an auto version update to 1903.
    I don't know what version he was running before 1903 was installed.
    After the version update he could no longer logon with his PIN.
    He says he got an error message about an invalid PIN and his password would not work either.
    He tried the standard reset process and got nowhere.
    I suspect this is because he used a gmail e-mail account instead of a Microsoft e-mail account.

I ended up booting from a Windows 10 install USB flash drive, renaming utilman.exe, replacing it with a copy of cmd.exe,
    rebooting from the hard drive, bringing up the command prompt at the logon screen, using the net command to create a new local admin level account, rebooting again and signing onto the new local account, then copying everything in the old gmail account Users folder to the new admin account.

This worked, but I was wondering if there is a better, easier way to recover from this situation if I ever run into it in the future.

Thank you,
    Steve
    73 de

:)

n2ubp, Dec 22, 2019
  2. DMales Win User

Unrecognized user account

I just reset windows 10 (ouch) and recovered most everything from on-line backup. I am a bit confused as I have an unrecognized user account, which could be my email truncated (dmale) In C:\User. When I try to manage it in the User control Panel
    dialog I don't see it, just the User I restored (Don) There are some new folders in
    dmale, but they also seem to be in my Don User Account. Ideas?

**Post moved by forum moderator to appropriate category**

DMales, Dec 22, 2019
  3. How do I add Gmail window to my life at a glance windows?

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key and select All apps.
    • Locate for the Gmail app, right click on the app and select pin Pin to start.

If that does not help. Let’s create a new user account, download the Gmail app from the Windows store using the same Microsoft user account and try to add the Gmail app on the start menu screen following the above steps. Click on

How to create new user account

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Recovering from unrecognized PIN for user account tied to gmail

Recover from sleep without PIN number

You need to execute following steps to recover from sleep without PIN number

Windows Key+I to invoke Settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Click in the Require sign in list box > Choose Never

Vijay_Verma, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Recovering from unrecognized PIN for user account tied to gmail

1. Recovering from unrecognized PIN for user account tied to gmail - Similar Threads - Recovering unrecognized PIN

2. unrecognized mircosoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unrecognized mircosoft account: unrecognized mircosoft account after formatted my desktop,all my account data are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrecognized-mircosoft-account/d5392b21-4d67-405f-a3f8-5f61b84fdc7b
  3. not getting account recover code in gmail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not getting account recover code in gmail: Hi,my account got hacked and when i try to recover and its come rambler.ru and some times it shows my gmail and when i click send code in my gmail its never comes please reply if you can help me...
  4. How to recover email from gmail

in Browsers and Email
    How to recover email from gmail: Today is the 21st. On the 3rd or 4th of this month I sent an email on gmail and now I can't find it. It would now be 17 days since it was sent. It may have been deleted. Does anyone know of a way that I can recover that email? Later: Tried the gmail recovery tool without...
  5. Unrecognized User Account In file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognized User Account In file explorer: a mysterious second user is in my PC, with my files correctly labeled as C:\Users\my user name\Documents\..... ; however, appearing instead as C:\Users\thoma\Documents\.... I have no idea who thoma is, but it has become neceesssary to use file exployer to find this user thoma...
  6. Cannot recover files from a deleted user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot recover files from a deleted user account: I deleted my original administrator account. I selected the "yes" to keep my files and it said that it will appear as a folder in my desktop. The laptop screen proceeded to hang for a really long time so I had to restart it because it was almost 30 minutes with the frozen...
  7. Recover files from a deleted user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files from a deleted user account: I found I needed to delete a user account from my system. Now I'm using an alternate user account (administrator) but I find several files are not complete or not accessible. When I try to open some files I'm told I don't have permission to open this file even though this...
  8. Recovering files from corrupted User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recovering files from corrupted User Account?: I'm trying to get my in-laws laptop back up and running. It's so painfully slow to boot / load anything, and for some reason the start menu won't even pop up (Though thankfully the run command appears quite quickly with a Win+R!) Every time I log in it says it couldn't log...
  9. user account tied with school account screw up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user account tied with school account screw up: Ok I didn't realize this at the time but I started school last year at a local community college and I'm an IT major. I've been out of computers for a long time and starting this I purchased a laptop got a copy of windows 10 education from the school and installed it on my...
  10. User account now has wrong microsoft email tied to it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account now has wrong microsoft email tied to it: I had my local user set up on my windows10 pc. Only a local user, no microsoft email login Last week my son used the PC to go on and check his email. He used the inbuilt mail program, now it thinks my local user has his email. And it also counts my time on the computer...