Windows 10: Recovering Hidden Files

Discus and support Recovering Hidden Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to recover hidden files from a USB Drive using CMD, but I am getting an invalid use warning. I am running Windows 10. I have used: ATTRIB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Beck 68, May 16, 2020.

1. Recovering Hidden Files

I am trying to recover hidden files from a USB Drive using CMD, but I am getting an invalid use warning. I am running Windows 10.

I have used: ATTRIB -h -r -s/s/d c:-users-john

If someone can assist, I would be grateful.

Best regards John.

Do you mean doing the first ATTRIB c:\users and waiting for it to finish then do the second ATTRIB c:\users\john

or

type in both together and then wait for it finishing.

:)

John Beck 68, May 16, 2020
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, May 16, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, May 16, 2020
  4. Recovering Hidden Files

All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Recovering Hidden Files

1. Recovering Hidden Files - Similar Threads - Recovering Hidden Files

2. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  3. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  4. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hidden Files

Hidden Files: I have followed the directions to show hidden files. I have made no mistake in this. However, some files are still hidden. How do I know this? Because I copied some folders from my computer to an MP3 player and my MP3 player shows a bunch of JPG files that Windows...
  6. Hidden file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden file: Some time ago i had made an antivirus scam but my antivirus could not open and scan a file that was strange to me. The path to the file is "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender" The file's weight is 0KB, the file is also hidden. My amtivirus's publisher wrote that...
  7. hidden files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hidden files?: I recently copied some photos/documents to a CD-ROM but now, when accessing the disk on DVD/ROM drive, it shows nothing is there. Properties shows that there is about 1.5 GB of space left on a 4 GB disk. This makes me think the photos/documents did actually get copied. But I...
  8. Hidden files

Hidden files: Good day, i have a problem regarding on my files that cant be seen even you already change the settings to view hidden folder or files... the history of this, is when i was try to secure my files, i change the security settings of that folder in properties... i denied all the...
  9. Hidden File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden File: Sandeep thanks for your reply as you say it can help forum users. However the original question was deleted by on of your Colleagues I cant see what I did wrong or what rule I broke. I dont know if you can retrieve it Thanks once again...
  10. Hidden files

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden files: There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit cumbersome (for me) to use it but I have. I read where Microsoft uses this method when downloading files (uses or used in the past)....