Windows 10: Recovering information from Zip disks

Discus and support Recovering information from Zip disks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to recover some information stored on Iomega Zip disks. I am running windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 3000, Processor - Intel Core i5-4460 CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert H652, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Recovering information from Zip disks

I need to recover some information stored on Iomega Zip disks. I am running windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 3000, Processor - Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @3.20 GHz, 8.00 GB Ram, 64 bit operating system, X64 based processor. I have 2 old Iomega 250mb Zip drives: one (model # Z250P) uses a 26 pin parallel connection the other (model # Z250USBOCMBP) uses a usb powered connection. What do I need to get either of these Zip drives to work so I can recover the information.

I know that windows 10 no longer supports the Iomega Zip drives but I have read a number of posts where people have gotten them to work with windows 10. Some using the USB powered Zip drive said that they simply connected the drive and it worked. When I connect the USB drive my computer recognizes it but I get a driver error. I have tried a number of the solutions found on line and so far none have made a difference.

I read some responses that a board with an additional port needs to be installed to use the Iomega parallel Zip drive model # Z250P. I do not really want to go this route but will if necessary. If this is the only solution what specific board/port would I need to add to the computer?

Any information that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. The files I'm trying to recover have great sentimental value to a family member.

:)

Robert H652, Feb 24, 2019

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Recovering information from Zip disks

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Recovering information from Zip disks

1. Recovering information from Zip disks - Similar Threads - Recovering information Zip

2. Recover account information associated to a windows key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover account information associated to a windows key?: Hello, 6 months ago I bought a laptop for my girlfriend with Windows 11.Yesterday when she opened it, it asked for a BitLocker key which we never manually activated. We can't find the microsoft account associated with the laptop I'm sure we logged into a Microsoft account but...
  3. Recover account information associated to a windows key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover account information associated to a windows key?: Hello, 6 months ago I bought a laptop for my girlfriend with Windows 11.Yesterday when she opened it, it asked for a BitLocker key which we never manually activated. We can't find the microsoft account associated with the laptop I'm sure we logged into a Microsoft account but...
  4. NEED INFORMATION FOR DISK PROTECTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED INFORMATION FOR DISK PROTECTION: WHAT DOES DISK PROTECTIO N DOES? YESTERDAY I TURNED IT ON WHILE CREATING A RESTORE POINT DOES WINDOWS CREATE RESTORE POINT AUTOMATICALLY OR NOT? IF YES THEN HOW MANY IT WILL CREATE ONLY ONE OR MORE...
  5. NEED INFORMATION FOR DISK PROTECTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED INFORMATION FOR DISK PROTECTION: WHAT DOES DISK PROTECTIO N DOES? YESTERDAY I TURNED IT ON WHILE CREATING A RESTORE POINT DOES WINDOWS CREATE RESTORE POINT AUTOMATICALLY OR NOT? IF YES THEN HOW MANY IT WILL CREATE ONLY ONE OR MORE...
  6. NEED INFORMATION FOR DISK PROTECTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Recovering disks

Recovering disks: Hello i have a problem. My laptop HP Elitebook 9470m. Core i5 is an SSD, it used to have a Disk 0 and a Disk 1, i tried partitioning and i suceeded, then i deleted a partition and half of my things are gone my music, my files & etc now its only got a disk 0and honestly,...
  8. Zip Disk Help Important!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zip Disk Help Important!: Ich bin in Strafverfolgung. Ich brauche dringend ein paar Beweise in einem "Cold Case" aus dem Jahr 2002, der auf 250 u 100 "Zip" Festplatten von Iomega gespeichert wurde. Aber alle unsere Systeme sind Windows 10. Meiner persönlichen E-Mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  9. Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup

Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup: I ran the disk clean up last night. I must have deleted a VERY IMPORTANT folder. There's no file restore or system restore points either for some reason. I'm freaking out. I REALLY REALLY need that folder and the contents inside back. I've tried EaseUS Data Recovery and...
  10. Recover data from RAW disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover data from RAW disk?: Hello all! I had Windows 10 Enterprise on a ssd 480gb sandisk ultra II but It's corrupted, I can't even launch Windows or repair tools. I've managed to run repair tools and get a command prompt, as diskpart says, my disk is on a raw partition now, and it shows the...