Windows 10: Recovering Lost Contacts, Calendar, & Email Settings From Mail Application.

Discus and support Recovering Lost Contacts, Calendar, & Email Settings From Mail Application. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I foolishly unplugged my desktop before it had finished closing down! I have been able to repair Windows 10 itself and everything now seems to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by goshjm, May 8, 2019.

1. goshjm Win User

Recovering Lost Contacts, Calendar, & Email Settings From Mail Application.

I foolishly unplugged my desktop before it had finished closing down!

I have been able to repair Windows 10 itself and everything now seems to run fine, BUT all of my Contacts & Calendar data has gone, as has all of my email settings in Mail. Is it possible to recover these? If so, how?

Interestingly, Calendar often tells me that if I can't find old entries, "not to worry" they are "still there" and can be retrieved - but doesn't tell me how!

Any assistance gratefully received!

***Moved From: Apps on Windows 10/Other Windows apps/Tools***

***Changed Original Title From: CAN I RECOVER LOST CONTACTS, CALENDAR & EMAIL SETTINGS & DATA FROM WINDOWS 10 APPS?!?!***

:)

goshjm, May 8, 2019
  2. Homer345 Win User

I have Windows 10 and I've lost my Contacts and Calendar

I have Windows 10 and I've lost my Contacts List and Calendar in Windows Live Mail????
    Ev

Homer345, May 8, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win Live Mail lost some contacts

If the account is a Microsoft account then WLMail isn't compatible with the new sync protocol so you'll lose your Outlook contacts & calendar, the only option is to use the inbuilt Windows Mail for hotmail/outlook/live accounts which will sync contacts & calendars for Microsoft accounts.
    Your email folders are under: C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ look for the windows live mail folder within there are your accounts, just open the account folder & copy your emails into the new email client. Never moved contacts list so can't help there.

Bastet, May 8, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Recovering Lost Contacts, Calendar, & Email Settings From Mail Application. - Similar Threads - Recovering Lost Contacts

2. Recovering lost Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering lost Email: My Elderly Grandfather has lost an email he has been working on all week, it was of great importance to him, we have searched everywhere on the emails, deleted items, Junk, etc. The email version is Windows Live Mail 2012, is there any way of finding this email? it was once...
  3. Recovering lost Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering lost Email: My Elderly Grandfather has lost an email he has been working on all week, it was of great importance to him, we have searched everywhere on the emails, deleted items, Junk, etc. The email version is Windows Live Mail 2012, is there any way of finding this email? it was once...
  4. Microsoft Live email- lost contacts and calendar events

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Live email- lost contacts and calendar events: Opened Microsoft Live email and all contact and calendar events are blank. any way to recover these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-live-email-lost-contacts-and-calendar/c1fa22d6-e038-4dc5-8d36-984da5146c41
  5. Lost email in Mail and Calendar app

Lost email in Mail and Calendar app: Hi! Yesterday it took me 3 hours to write an important email. I finished it and I sent it. Saw it on the outbox folder the disappeared as I supposed that it was sent. Closed the computer (sleep) and today when I was checking for the time that I sent the email I couldn't...
  6. Lost Windows Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Windows Mail Contacts: Suddenly lost all contacts in my Windows Mail, using Microsoft 10 for long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-mail-contacts/217b0133-c25e-48e6-a329-bf317ea11af2
  7. CAN I RECOVER LOST CONTACTS, CALENDAR & EMAIL SETTINGS & DATA FROM WINDOWS 10 APPS?!?!

CAN I RECOVER LOST CONTACTS, CALENDAR & EMAIL SETTINGS & DATA FROM WINDOWS 10 APPS?!?!: I foolishly unplugged my desktop before it had finished closing down! I have been able to repair Windows 10 itself and everything now seems to run fine, BUT all of my Contacts & Calendar data has gone, as has all of my email settings in Mail. Is it possible to recover...
  8. lost emails from windows mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost emails from windows mail: I have been using windows mail in W10. I have been putting important emails into storage folders such as "Banking" or "gas bills". Recently i needed to access these emails only to find they are nearly all empty. It would seem that they are only saved in there for a short...
  9. Contacts, Calendar, Mail Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contacts, Calendar, Mail Lost: I opened up my mail this morning and saw all my information and when I went to open up Mail everything was gone including all my contacts and calendar information using Mail for Windows 10. Please advise how to recover this information. I'm not able to find anything....
  10. Email contacts- lost.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email contacts- lost.: I read, on a now closed question, that it is possible to find the email contacts in Users/User/CONTACTS I have a problem as when I call this location up the system shows that this "Folder is EMPTY"! Any suggestions WHERE/HOW I may NOW look to find the said contacts...