Windows 10: Recovering Lost D Drive & Files

Discus and support Recovering Lost D Drive & Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've started my computer up a day after some system updates only to see I've lost over 900gbs of space! Now I only have my OS C: and can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alkane_16, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Alkane_16 Win User

Recovering Lost D Drive & Files

I've started my computer up a day after some system updates only to see I've lost over 900gbs of space! Now I only have my OS C: and can't find anything through the disk management section. How can I get my storage back? This is an internal hard drive that I can't find anywhere. Would a factory reset bring it back if it comes to it?

Recovering Lost D Drive & Files 84fb5728-0a9a-4f5a-a410-ef879c504771?upload=true.png

:)

Alkane_16, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Recovering Lost D Drive & Files

Recover Files from Backup to new Computer D Drive

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your reply, but I am not sure whether or not this will work.

My files are not lost, but they are on a USB Drive. They were backed up there from my old Dell PC using Windows 10 File History utility. What I need to do is recover the file history to the D Drive of the new Dell PC. The Dell PC has a 256 Gb SSD C Drive,
    and a 1 Tb hard disk D Drive. I want to recover from the USB Drive to the Dell's D Drive.

Regards Matthew

Matthew203, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Recovering Lost D Drive & Files

1. Recovering Lost D Drive & Files - Similar Threads - Recovering Lost Drive

2. Recovering files on drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering files on drive D: Hi, googling similar problems and watching vids of similar problems for about 5 hours and nothing works. When i open file explorer i literally see in frequent folders a folder from drive D, when i click it it says location is unavailable. Show hidden folders, change letter,...
  3. Recovering files on drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering files on drive D: Hi, googling similar problems and watching vids of similar problems for about 5 hours and nothing works. When i open file explorer i literally see in frequent folders a folder from drive D, when i click it it says location is unavailable. Show hidden folders, change letter,...
  4. Recovering files on drive D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  6. d drive was lost

d drive was lost: hi, so the intel want me to create volume so I did then I check my D drive was lost, it has this blue question mark and it cant open. I run the disk management and the 'unallocated' was no there which is the D drive the black line was none to be found and when I check using...
  7. D Drive Lost

D Drive Lost: My PC has two drives typically, an SSD and an HDD. Though my SSD and OS remain intact, I can't access my HDD. A scan of all disks shows no sign of it, it's disappeared from my file explorer, and third party programs fail to find any trace of it. I've even tried resetting...
  8. How to recover D drive?

How to recover D drive?: I followed steps in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/d-drive-full-but-no-files-found/50db6b77-2f15-457f-8c34-182a682dd4ce to try to delete hidden files in the D drive. But then the drive disappeared. I want to take the D drive...
  9. Recover Lost Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Lost Files: How can I recover lost files? I am getting VERY tired of Microsoft's updates breaking my computer, which they have done twice in the last month. And this is not the first time, either. This time, after updating, it deleted files on my desk top, removed icons, and I had to...
  10. lost D drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost D drive: I have an Acer Aspire U27-880 , all in one desktop computer utilising operating system windows 10 home edition 64 bit. yesterday I ran a program called 'intel (R) rapid storage'. After turning computer off the on, I found my D drive had disappeared. there is no record of it...