Windows 10: Recovering Lost Partitions

Discus and support Recovering Lost Partitions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had recently lost some of my disc partitions due to some error while dual booting with an Ubuntu OSwhich is also inaccessible now. These lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AtharvaWarhade, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Recovering Lost Partitions

I had recently lost some of my disc partitions due to some error while dual booting with an Ubuntu OSwhich is also inaccessible now. These lost partitions are not accessible from the Windows disc management application and even though they are unallocated spaces, I am unable to extend an existing space with them or create a new volume of space. I would like to recover those partitions. I want to keep "Resetting my internal hard drive" as the last option.

Thanks for any help

:)

AtharvaWarhade, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Lost recovery partition

Hi Mike

I´m an Independant Advisor

While I´m reading the information you probably by mistake erase your main partition instead of the external drive.

This happened to me, and when I get noticed of this It was too late.

I tried to recover information of this drive, with some program that supose to recover info in this cases.

I put some step to do before use a recover partition software

" How to recover deleted partition using cmd?

In some cases, we can undo Diskpart clean command in order to undelete partition. But, this method does not work on all partition loss issue. If this method cannot get back your lost partition, you should go to Method 2 and Method 3 to recover data.

Step 1 Open Disk Management to view which partition is lost.

You can access Disk Management by right-clicking Start menu and click Disk Management. If a partition is deleted, the disk space will be marked as Unallocated. Remember the partition size.

Step 2 Open Command Prompt as administration and type Diskpart in the window and press Enter key.

Step 3 Type command list disk and press Enter key so that you can see all storage devices on the computer.

Step 4 Type command select disk # and press Enter. Replace # with the number of the hard drive that needs recovering lost partition.

Step 5 Type assign letter=G and press Enter (G is a drive letter chosen randomly).

Step 6 Close Command Prompt when you see "Diskpart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point".

Note: if you are not familiar with diskpart commands, do not try any commands without fully knowing its function. Some commands such as "clean" delete all partitions and data on selected disk.

If the problem continue please try with the next link that may help you to recover your lost partition.

http://www.eassos.com/how-to/how-to-recover-del...

I hope this can help you. Warning The software that you can download is free but it is limited until you pay for it

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it

Let me know if this help you

Saludos

Rolando Rosales, Sep 4, 2020
  4. samred Win User

Recovering Lost Partitions

[solved] drive/partition totally missing after errant diskpart clean

The problem w/ that software is the same that I have already listed with other things I've checked: the drive doesn't APPEAR. I see my C: drive and any USB drives I've plugged in, but my original D: drive doesn't exist for the Easus Data Recovery Wizard. So, I don't even have an option of overwriting my old files this way. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

samred, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Recovering Lost Partitions

1. Recovering Lost Partitions - Similar Threads - Recovering Lost Partitions

2. Recover lost partitions with changed partition order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover lost partitions with changed partition order: At first I used my old laptop hard disk as an external hard disk and it functioned normally, but when I put it back into the laptop the hard disk was not detected and it turned out the partition was missing and became unallocated, there should have been 2 partitions.I was...
  3. Recover lost partitions with changed partition order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover lost partitions with changed partition order: At first I used my old laptop hard disk as an external hard disk and it functioned normally, but when I put it back into the laptop the hard disk was not detected and it turned out the partition was missing and became unallocated, there should have been 2 partitions.I was...
  4. Recover lost partitions with changed partition order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help recovering lost windows partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help recovering lost windows partition.: I installed ubuntu on a laptop which was running windows 11. It has a 500 gb single nvme ssd. I shrink and created 30 gb of free space and installed ubuntu in it. But i cannot log into windows now windows partition is lost. I saw some videos created a windows installation usb...
  6. Help recovering lost windows partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help recovering lost windows partition.: I installed ubuntu on a laptop which was running windows 11. It has a 500 gb single nvme ssd. I shrink and created 30 gb of free space and installed ubuntu in it. But i cannot log into windows now windows partition is lost. I saw some videos created a windows installation usb...
  7. How to recover lost partition data

How to recover lost partition data: When I was trying to solve this:I do thisWhich deleted all my partition but I stopped here and do not install windows.Is there any way to recover my data or partition?It is very important for me.Please help anyone....
  8. Recovering a Lost Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering a Lost Partition: Hi all, I am hoping you can help me with the following issue relating to partitions in Windows 10: I recently had the need to create a recovery drive using Windows 10. When I read the instructions on this, they stated that when I initiated the recovery drive process,...
  9. Recovering Files From Lost Partition

Recovering Files From Lost Partition: I forgot to backup my files before installing the windows multimedia tool to my external drive. I tried running recuva but it can't see the "lost partition" . My system sees my 930gb drive as 31.9gb and recuva only scans 31.9gb. Please help....
  10. Recover lost partitions and data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recover lost partitions and data: I appreciate the help with this issue. I did something stupid, I freely admit that. Now I need help to fix the problem. My laptop running Windows 10 updated to the latest build and would not boot. I kept getting Missing boot manager missing. Eventually I removed the drive and...