Windows 10: Recovering lost video during transfer from iPad

Discus and support Recovering lost video during transfer from iPad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I tried to transfer a video from my work iPad to my personal computer. After connecting the iPad to my computer, I first tried to click and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blaine P., Jan 12, 2021.

1. Blaine P. Win User

Recovering lost video during transfer from iPad

Hello!

I tried to transfer a video from my work iPad to my personal computer. After connecting the iPad to my computer, I first tried to click and drag the file from the iPad's file folder onto my laptop's desktop but was unsuccessful. I next cut and pasted the file, and the file showed up on my laptop and was no longer on the iPad. When I tried to open it, an error said the file couldn't be played. After, the file has disappeared from my desktop. It does show up in my recent files in File Explorer and shows located on the desktop, but when I click, a message appears saying "The item is missing or we can't get to it."

TL;DR-Cut and pasted file from an iPad to my desktop, but disappeared from my desktop. Trying to find my video. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Blaine P., Jan 12, 2021

2. how to transfer photos from Apple iPad to PC

Hello,

You can try the File Explorer method to import your iPhone photos and videos.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

[How To] Import iPad/iPhone Photos To Windows 10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Ma11man Win User
    Large video files won't transfer with Win10 from iPad

I am trying to transfer some video files from an iPad to a Win10 pc. I have 2 smaller (less than 5min) videos and 1 large video (about 35 min). When I connect the iPad to the Win10 PC file explorer will display the two shorter videos, but not the long video.
    If I connect the iPad to a Win7 PC, all three videos will display in file explorer.

It seems to me like there is a setting or restriction in Win10 that is preventing file explorer from finding/displaying the larger file.

Thanks!

Ma11man, Jan 12, 2021
  4. figgirigh Win User

How to recover the lost messages?

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.
    2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
    3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
    4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
    5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
    These are the steps from which you can get the lost information back. And if your information not recovered again then it might be severe problem .In this case you have to go for recovery software to get your dbx files data back. I can refer you a link which can surely help you to get your lost data back. Try
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...tlook-express/

figgirigh, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Recovering lost video during transfer from iPad - Similar Threads - Recovering lost video

2. Recovering photos imported from iPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering photos imported from iPad: I was uploading photos from my iPad and didn't realize that deleting them on my laptop would delete them from the iPad as well. I recovered them in the recycle bin but can't locate them in any files. They aren't on the iPad anymore either. Where can I find them? They aren't...
  3. Recovering photos imported from iPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering photos imported from iPad: I was uploading photos from my iPad and didn't realize that deleting them on my laptop would delete them from the iPad as well. I recovered them in the recycle bin but can't locate them in any files. They aren't on the iPad anymore either. Where can I find them? They aren't...
  4. Lost data during transfer from phone to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost data during transfer from phone to pc: Good day. I tried transferring my albums from my android samsung s22 ultra to windows 11 via usb. I cut the folders and pasted and somehow it did not transfer but now the images folders/albums are not on my phone or on my computer. Please advise how I can go about recovering...
  5. Lost data during transfer from phone to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost data during transfer from phone to pc: Good day. I tried transferring my albums from my android samsung s22 ultra to windows 11 via usb. I cut the folders and pasted and somehow it did not transfer but now the images folders/albums are not on my phone or on my computer. Please advise how I can go about recovering...
  6. lost audio files during transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost audio files during transfer: I used an usb cable to transfer audio files from my galaxy A20 to my W10 laptop. The transfer seemed to go well, and eventually stopped. Now those files are gone from my cell but NO WHERE on the laptop. I have used File explorer, recycle bin, device manager, searches by...
  7. Lost library during file transfere

Lost library during file transfere: I did a transfer from old computer to new computer. Cannot see documents, photos, videos, etc. I found them but have to open manually because it is not under my user name even though I'm the adm. I only see the default user and myself. How do I get them to open when I sign...
  8. Help Finding a Video Transferred from iPad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Finding a Video Transferred from iPad: Hello! I tried to transfer a video from my work iPad to my personal computer. After connecting the iPad to my computer, I first tried to click and drag the file from the iPad's file folder onto my laptop's desktop but was unsuccessful. I next cut and pasted the file, and the...
  9. Transfer pictures from the Ipad to Windows Pc?

Transfer pictures from the Ipad to Windows Pc?: Hey I wanted to ask if it is possible to transfer pictures from the Ipad to a Windows PC Bilder vom Ipad auf Windows Pc übertragen?
  10. lost folder during transfer from android phone

lost folder during transfer from android phone: I had a folder of photos that i had on my galaxy s10, i went to move them onto my laptop via a usb cable and the transfer never happened, the folder trnsferred but it is empty and the folder is no longer on my phone, any ideas on how to recover this folder...